Another Michigander here!

bluebirdnanny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey I go by bluebirdnanny. I am beginning a project on breeding heritage Rhode Island Reds to the old Standards. Right now I have a few Kittle line and a wonderful Nelson Line which I plan to be my main focus.

I am in the progress still of building an Open Air Woods style coop. It isn't finished yet as I am disabled, live alone and financially strained but I intend to do as much for myself as I can. I just have to do things a little different from others. There are times in flare ups I have to physically lay on my belly and scoot or pull myself in order to garden. Somehow God has gotten me through an abused married life among other things. Now I am holding status quo instead of constantly getting worse physically. My independence is important to me so I find a way with much reliance on God.

I like to do things without chemicals. So call me an Organic Nut if you want. I know the difference it has made in how I feel and function.

Looking forward to picking up a few tips to fine tune doing things effectively for my betterment and least reliance on Government help.

As long as I can do some kind of food gardening (non chemically) and raise chickens I know I will have veggies, fruit, meat and eggs. And it gives me a reason to get up and keep going and keeps depression about not being able to work down (once I excepted it as fact). Though I do hate it passionately. So this new location and lifestyle on my Grandfathers old hunting property where my family lived for my last two high school years and I returned after the divorce is my little peace of heavenly sanctuary! My neighbors aren't too close and have known me since childhood. Though my acreage is only about 4-5 I have free rights for roaming 40 acres.