Another Possible Midwest Flood In The Works

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Here's an interesting guest article on the stltoday.com (St. Louis Today) website. It details a possible catastrophe in the works due to dam failures on the Missouri River. Bernard Shanks has some impressive credentials. My only caveat is that he is currently in the process of completing a book on the hazards of the Missouri River dams, and as such this could be an effort to garner some publicity. Still, from what I have read elsewhere, he is completely accurate regarding the current condition of the river and the dams, so he does deserve some listening to.

Here is a link to the article as well as to another on the radio station KMOX website that has audio from an interview.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It seems like the rest of our neglected and aging infrastructure,the electric grid, power plants, bridges, etc. I don't think i'd sleep very well, being down stream from dams like that..! Off grid living on higher ground sure sounds appealing.!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
No kidding!

Money that should have been used to maintain and upgrade the infrastructure has been siphoned off and wasted over the last couple of decades. I expect more dam failures, bridge failures, etc...

Ever read Atlas Shrugged?