Another Urinary Tract Infection Cure

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was surprised to see a recent thread about this, but I thought I'd throw this cure into the mix. I do want to emphasize that if I hadn't tried it myself, I never would have believed it.

Drink one to two TBSP (tablespoons) of ACV (yes, apple cider vinegar) to a glass of water. Repeat 15-30 minutes later. Repeat a bit later. Wait 1/2 hour then drink some water with 1/4 tsp baking soda to help with any stomach issues because of the vinegar.

Took exactly 3-1/2 hours from the first PRESSING run to the bathroom, whizzing 15 drops and ending with tears in my eyes.........to a pain-free bathroom experience. It's recommended to continue with some vinegar drinks for a few days.

I read this on Earth Clinic. Honestly, I was so desperate I would have tried anything. I didn't expect it to do anything, but I was pleasantly surprised. Then of course, I only had one glass of vinegar water the next day......and yesterday (several days after the first episode), I had another 3-1/2 hour tap dancing experience before the ACV kicked in. This time I'm continuing with the protocol.

I'm using ACV that I made from apple peels, so it's not as acidic or nasty tasting as Braggs or store brand. From all the posts that I read, Bragg's (organic w/ mother) is recommended, but many people reported that plain ol' store brand worked, too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That stands to reason that would work. ACV is nature's disinfectant. I use it for food poisoning and diarrhea, knocks it right out. I am glad that worked for you!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ACV is pretty much a cure-all, so I believe it would work. Actually might try it myself, if I can get a little shut eye. I'm not having your exact symptoms, but I suspect its brewing with me too, and I would hate to call in to work. I have to be at work in 11 hours.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ACV is pretty much a cure-all, so I believe it would work. Actually might try it myself, if I can get a little shut eye. I'm not having your exact symptoms, but I suspect its brewing with me too, and I would hate to call in to work. I have to be at work in 11 hours.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, that's great to know. I sure like to use ACV for lots of other things. I drink it in hot water with a little honey. It seems to help me keep my blood sugar level, and not get weak and shaky if I miss a meal.

Bush Woman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ACV works for UIs because it adjusts the PH in your body! Usually, when a UI strikes, it is because your PH is off! ACV put the PH back into perspective and UIs cant live. Also, to get rid of them even faster, raw garlic works awesome as it is a natural antibiotic!!! ;)

bluebirdnanny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
And follow this with regularly drinking the cranberry juice and black cherry juice doesn't hurt either. After having a suspension due to pelvic floor prolapse I do the ACV and juice routine at least once a month.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I tried the D-Mannose and boy that stuff works! Worked for our female boxer, too. She was upchucking medicine from vet, so I gave her D-Mannose and then a couple cups of watered down chicken broth. Did that several times before next vet appt and by cracky (no pun intended), there was no bacteria in her urine. They did a culture, nothing growing after several days, too. Wowser.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ACV is an EXCELLENT heartburn remedy too!! My hubby who has the worst heartburn a person can possibly have has used ACV for years now and has cured himself permanently. ACV goes in as an acid, but after digestion, it helps turn the body more alkaline. And heartburn thrives in a body with a low ph. A very easy way to cure a very common issue!!

It takes a couple months of using it, but over this time the body turns a bit more alkaline and the heartburn disappears!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
A strong infusion of Rooibos tea mixed half and half with apple juice helps with bladder and urinary track infections too. Bonus is it's a delicious, refreshing drink.