anthrax acres---it is what it is

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I have been here long enough to create a bio

My name is Barbara contrary to most thinking im a male im a chick. I usually use my sons name for everything. Well my oldest son. I am a single parent of 3 children (or chern as we call them down here). Elijah is 10, Carrissa is 6, Guy (Charles) is 3. I am 34 I think, born 1-7-76. I currently live in a somewhat suburban town by the name of Goose Creek, SC. I bought this house 10 years ago when I only had 1 child. Now that I have 3 its getting cramped with only 1050 sq ft but hey I only paid 52,000 and my mortgage is a whopping 400 a month. However my mother has purchased 10 acres in a town by the name of Wagener SC. The population is a whopping 900 peeps. There is a trailer home there that I plan to move into in July :fl . I would say about 3 acres is cleared. We are in the process of repairing the place. The trailer is actually ALOT larger than the brick hom ethat I am living in now. It is only 3 bedrooms at the moment but my plans are to make it into a 4 bedroom. After moving there I plan to clear alot of the land so I can have atleast 2 cows, 2 goats and 2 pigs with plenty of chickens. I will try to remember to take pics the next time I go there. I want a large garden. I hate paying the crazy prices in the grocery nowadays. Right now Im trying my hand at brandywine tomatoes, currants, collards, and muscadines. All dont seem to be going to well.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh anthrax acres comes from..............
when my mom bought this property thats exactley what she called it the "property" she would tell her coworkers that she was going to the "property" one of her coworkers said no no no you have to give it a name
we pondered
cess pool, elephantitis, larrys booty land (we bought the property from my uncle larry and his wife booty (nickname of course)) we came up with many names but anthrax acres stuck

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me and the "cherns"

1131_080.jpg

1131_scan0001.jpg

1131_scan0002.jpg

1131_064.jpg

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Cute kiddos!

And that is certainly a catchy name for your place . . . is that the name for the new place, then?

I am excited to hear you have the chance to move to some land. I bet the kids will just love it!

Keep trying and keep asking questions about your gardening endeavors . . . it can just take time to learn how to grow various veggies well. :)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yes anthrax acres will be the name of the new place

i cant move till i find a tenant to rent my house now and im excited abou thtta cause they can pay the mortgage now and the new place has no mortgage its paid for woohoo

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Cute kids! :D

(I'm getting all emotional - my 6 year old is "graduating" from Kindergarten today! got to get ready to go)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I hope you can find a good tenant, because that sounds like it would be a great set-up for you. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What cute kids!!!!! very photogenic, too!!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thank you everyone
i just wish the personalties are as cute

the trailer will be move in ready on tuesday and the fridge will be delivered the 15th woohooo

i am going back the 15 so i hope i remember to take pics