Any Dean Koontz Fans Here?

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was so happy when I picked up the mail today! I got a personal note from Dean Koontz giving his permission to share his answer to Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Here is the front of the card..
Notecardfront_zps8c7a817b.jpg

And here is the inside granting me permission...

PermissiontouseChickenquestion_zpsfaaedc91.jpg

And this is his answer to.....

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?
by Dean Koontz

Who knows why chickens do anything? They are mysterious and deep-thinking creatures
who function on a level far beyond out own. We are to them as toads are to us, and we
can never hope to grasp the world as chickens see it any more than a toad can hope to work
complex algebraic equations. Most chickens disdain our intellectual pretensions, despise our
television programs, and mock our popular culture. We have nothing in common with them,
except that they, too, are beginning to wonder if Madonna is really all that interesting. If we
ponder the meaning of any chicken's actions, including those of the one that crossed the road,
we will only be filled with despair at our inadequate analytic and perceptive abilities in the face
of their greatness

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
That is a very deep and interesting response....I like it. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: And here I always thought that the reason the chicken crossed the road was because she wanted to lay it on the line. :hide

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:lol: And here I always thought that the reason the chicken crossed the road was because she wanted to lay it on the line. :hide
That is a good one!!

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can't beat a writer who goes all out. Has anyone read his explanation for hugging new ppl he meets? Its a good reason. I think i have almost all his books.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the_whingnut said:
You can't beat a writer who goes all out. Has anyone read his explanation for hugging new ppl he meets? Its a good reason. I think i have almost all his books.
I don't think I ever heard his reason for that....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have read everything he had written up until about 5 years ago. I love reading the suspense books because I lived in the area he wrote about.

Very cool note.

G

KellyK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The first book I ever read was Watchers. I have been hooked since.