Any Great Recipes for Venison Jerky?

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I currently just started a new "bartering" deal with a co-worker :thumbsup I give him eggs, he gives me venison. So, I just received my first packages of ground venison and venison steaks.

Do you guys have any jerky recipes you would like to share? I have my SIL's dehydrator, so I'm all about the jerky right now ;)

TIA!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just like to use a good soy sauce, a touch of brown sugar, garlic, frank's red hot sauce and a good couple of dashes of liquid smoke- I found it comes in mesquite and hickory and I even found a small bottle of apple wood smoke flavoring at a super fancy store in the mall (don't even ask about price! My mom got it for me as a gift as she knew I would not pay that) and then after it soaks for at least 2 hours(or even overnight) and get it all laid out on the dehydrator sheets I grind fresh pepper over it and the pop it in the dehydrator on high.

I can't really give you amounts for the ingredients as I am a dash of this and a pinch of that kinda gal, but I do use about 1 cup of the soy sauce to start with.. I will also add a dash of Lea & Perrians Worcestershire sauce sometimes too.
I can usually marinate about 3lbs of sliced meat.