Any ideas for easter games?

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Since we are now with most of our other grandchildren I want to have with games this Easter. It was hard before wih just three of us. Now there are eight of us. We like playing games-so I thought maybe we would play games like the egg and spoon race three -legged -race sack race etc. Does anyone have any other favorites/ideas?? We have ages from 6-52. I will get out the crouqet game out also.

Igrew up playing family games because my parents were both involved with scouting. My kids grew up with big family celebrations for holidays and special occasions. We even used o do skits ; usually the kids entertainment for the adults. So any ideas for that also we have kids 6-13 all VERY outgoing !!

Monica

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Horeshoes
pinatas are always a party favorite amongst our group

Guess the number of pieces of chocolate in a quart jar, whoever gets closest wins the jar of candy. Everyone writes down their guess with their name on a piece of paper and drops it into a bowl until everyone has had a turn.

Dunno the name of this one, but it's REALLY fun in large groups. Everyone gets a clothespin on their shirt at the beginning of the game. Pick a secret word that pertains to the party and something people would say often, like for Easter..maybe "egg" would be the word. When someone says the word, anyone nearby can snatch their clothespin or clothespins that they have accumulated. At the end of the day, or when the first guest playing is ready to leave, whoever has the most pins wins a large(ish) prize. We did this at baby showers and it's really fun, especially when we pick the word "baby" because almost everyone winds up saying the word at least once and the pins change hands quickly. The kids LOVE to catch the grownups slipping up ;) This is one that's fun for all ages, but the kids seem to particularly love it.

That's all I can think of right now. What type time frame are we looking at here? Some of these can go on forever, so would be great for several hours of party, especially the clothespin/secret word game.

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Another good one is an egg toss. Position partners 10 feet apart, and have one toss a raw egg to the other. Then back up 3 feet, and toss it back. Keep backing up and tossing until the egg breaks. Winner is the team that got the furthest apart without breaking the egg. Hands only, and it's your decision whether to count eggs that break on the ground or to replace those and only count if the egg breaks when being caught.

I might wanna know how to play this "horeshoes" game...:pop

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm thinking that might require stilettos maybe :hu :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'm thinking that might require stilettos maybe :hu :hide
That's what I thought when I read it. :lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We like the "would you rather" game. You can buy the game or get hundreds of questions online. We look online and write the questions down on index cards. You can also specificly look for questions for kids. It is a lot of fun! This is the kind of game where there is no winner- so no hurt feelings.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you for all the ideas. We do have would you rather. We all love to play it. I did not know about the questions on line. We had talked about making some of our own before. We also have Imagine Ifff which is about the same type of game only for teens and adults. We don't have a spot for HORSE shoes right now. The kids are going to do some skits and songs. No place for a pinata right now also.

Have a Great Easter All!!:frow