Any other ideas for a major sunburn?

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Resently spent 2 days at Galveston with DGDs. I used SPF 60 and looked like I used SPF -60. I used Cruel ultra healing lotoin to keep things from drying out. Also I used Claraseptec (sp) throat spray for the pain has numbing stuff in it, it really does work good. I have places that have pealed 2 or 3 times. But I would go back tomorrow if I could
Good luck
piecemaker

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It may not be sun burn. You may have had a reaction to the sunscreen itself. I've heard of people getting chemical burns from using sunscreen.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used to make glass beads. When you are working around molten glass, you quickly learn what to do for burns. I found that ice or cool things helped with the burn, and then pure lavender essential oil preferably in a spray bottle. It actually works BETTER than aloe

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
It may not be sun burn. You may have had a reaction to the sunscreen itself. I've heard of people getting chemical burns from using sunscreen.
That could be. I haven't used that brand before or any brand , I follow the shade when doing out side work. Now that the peelling is going on the 3rd cycle, blister, peel, blister I have some rash with big red welps. Will see DR. on Tuseday.

piecemaker

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:hugs Sounds miserable. I am so sorry.

Try some Benedryl for a few days to see if that improves things. If it is an allergy it should improve.

Hilltopprepper

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My grandmother used to put a cup or two of white vinegar in a tub of cool water, soak in it for about 30 minutes to take the heat out of the burn. Use Noxema or aloe vera several times a day to keep from peeling. Hope this helps! Always did for me. South Central Ky.