Anybody make their own puppy training pads?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! I think these kids are too young to have "house proud" yet, but, when they go to resell this place the idea will hit them right in the pocketbook, I'm sure. The problem is, these kids were born to easy money, are still earning easy money, and have no concept of reality when it comes to hard-earned money. Nice if ya can get it, but somewhere, sometime, it will catch up to them and they will, hopefully, learn to take care of their belongings.

Ditto on the cat smell. I've known people who swear that you could never smell it in their houses, but its the same concept of not being able to smell your own perfume! Or folks who smoke who just don't realize how the odor clings to other people's clothing when they leave their home, even if noone smoked when they were visiting. Its just there and it lingers and it clings.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOLYEA
cat people swear their house don't smell.........hmm...ask any non-cat owner to walk in and guess if they have a cat! We always guess 100% all the time. SIL swears her house is perfect...MEOW...I know better.

yea sad when something like a house is taken for granted. big money and no pride or worry about trashing it. I guess it takes all kind Bee. Drives me nuts but it is their financial future for them to take care of...not mine right? LOL

I cooked broccoli for dinner one night and after my friend Sandy came over wtih her kid to chat about a horse I was thinking of buying......well little Alfred walked thru the door and said, DO YOU have GERBILS? I said WHAT? Heck no, and he said the smell....Oh I said that was broccoli..HA HA

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was gonna say a shower curtain liner under newspapers or towels (along the same theme as everyone else, I guess.)

But wow, just letting them go wherever they please. What a concept. Just like living outside! :lol:

Cassandra

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I don't have any pets in the house and I sure can smell it when I do go to someones house that does....well except for my one friends house. She has a lab...and three boys...and her house is ALWAYS immaculant!!!!

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Crate training works wonders! I've made several people believers. It'll be a little harder on an older puppy or dog, but deal with the crying for a couple of days/nights and it will be very worth it. The dog will enjoy having a place of his own too. :) (Also, make sure the crate is size appropriate, it dosen't work if you get a giant size crate for a teeny tiny dog)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My mom's four dogs are crate trained and they are very happy!! They of course get to run loose in the house and outside in a fenced in back yard for hours a day...in and out...in and out...all day!! Plus the put a pen in the backyard for the two younger dogs so they can stay outside for longer periods of time and they just love it!

denimangle

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi,
I raise Aussies and it should not take 5 mons to house break a dog .. maybe a week or 2 at the most . Creat training is the only way to go ...
Mom to 20 aussies
741_untitled.jpg

Cheryl