Anybody see this?

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Too expensive. Maybe you can get it for your 25th anniversary.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me likey! But, how many pints/quarts can be done in it? I'd only want it if I could use it for pressure canning also (don't have one of those - yet).

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks like an expensive useless gadget to me. Not self-sufficient at all.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Boogity said:
It looks like an expensive useless gadget to me. Not self-sufficient at all.
X2 But, wait a couple years until every company jumps on the bandwagon and starts making these and then in a few more years you can find one at a yard sale or thrift shop for $20 :lol: It's how the market works. Patience is golden ;)

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, well I'm dreaming about smoked ribs that are still nice and moist because they've been under pressure. Thinking about all those turkeys I have to process this year and how wonderful it will be to have smoked turkey legs and turkey breasts to put in the freezer. And I'll even be able to make some smoked turkey sausage and cold smoke some cheese to go with it. Yep, if I get enough money from income tax I WILL have one of these useless, non self-sufficient gadgets.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Yeah, well I'm dreaming about smoked ribs that are still nice and moist because they've been under pressure. Thinking about all those turkeys I have to process this year and how wonderful it will be to have smoked turkey legs and turkey breasts to put in the freezer. And I'll even be able to make some smoked turkey sausage and cold smoke some cheese to go with it. Yep, if I get enough money from income tax I WILL have one of these useless, non self-sufficient gadgets.
Here is the trick to get what you want.
Put the ribs in the oven, covered in the sauce of your choice. Slow cook them at about 300 till they are tender.
Then, put them out in a regular smoker for 15-20 minutes.
Baste them with extra sauce about 10 minutes in.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
farmerlor said:
Put the ribs in the oven, covered in the sauce of your choice. Slow cook them at about 300 till they are tender.
Well that's how we do it now but that's an all day affair with who knows how much electricity and gas getting used. This puppy could do the ribs in an hour, saving electricity. I've also been cooking a lot of other things under pressure and I'm really in love with the way things taste when they've been cooked that way. The only draw back for me is that it IS rather small and as I was saying, one of the big jobs I'd like to do this year would be to process many, many turkeys. I'm figuring with this baby I could do a couple of turkey breasts or six drums per hour or hour and a half but I'm betting a regular sized smoker would do about three times that....'course it would take longer....(oh sigh)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
farmerlor said:
Mmm yummers!

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
You already have the best ribs out there. Of course your husband is a master at finishing them off.

Latest posts