Anyone doing anything FUN this Labor Day Weekend?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
we're having a small birthday gathering for DS #2 who turned 8 in August.

Other than that, just the normal farm stuff.

Unless my water breaks :lol:

DawnSuiter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Chores.
aren't' chores FUN?
DH would think so

sometimes I think we haven't done anything fun since we started this homesteading. not cuz we don't want to but because at the end of the day when your not yet done with chores but you have to surrender, there hardly seems like there is anything worth doing except some sort of vegetation and sleep.

:rolleyes:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
I could easily spend the whole weekend puttering around the homestead, but I think the family would revolt if I went with that plan.

So, any ideas for something fun to do to close out the unofficial end of summer?
The Geauga County Fair is the way we end summer here. ;)

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goin fishin with my grandson Monday morning. We love to walk up the river (creek) here under a canopy of trees and get so tired that we just about fall down in the water. We always pack a lunch and find a nice shady place to enjoy each other's company and enjoy mother nature. We do this once in the spring and once in the fall. He told me this past spring that it is the only time he isn't rushed around to go to practice or a game somewhere. We both enjoy our quiet conversations. He's 9 years old.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We'll be putzing around the house then head off to the Morrow County fair!! Our 4-H club will be in the parade then we'll spend the day eating disgustingly unhealthy fair food and riding the tilt-a-whirl till I puke!!!! :sick

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Totally random weekend -

Friday night I put a puzzle together with the kids while the Indians/Royals game was on.
This morning the eldest and I ran to the Hartville Flea Market - she got a bag of paperbacks, I got 20 lbs of tomatoes to make salsa tomorrow. (She wants to go back tomorrow!)
The wife volunteered me to work at Blossom Music Center tonight (the Cleveland Orchestra is playing classic music that is part of Bugs Bunny/Warner Bros cartoons). Music plus cartoons!
DW has gone with the kids to MIL's this afternoon.

Who knows what Sunday and Monday will bring!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Went to the range this morning. Going to go again tomorrow. Fun!

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wait. It's labor day weekend?!?!

*looks at calendar*

my anniversary is tomorrow. i should do something about that, lol.