Anyone doing anything FUN this Labor Day Weekend?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well were having cookout/weiny roast deal with lots of family and friends coming :D this is Saturday! Woohoo!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My sister-in-law is having her 'dirty thirty' birthday party Saturday... so I'm dressing up and heading out to bars with her and her friends. This will be the first time I've gone to a bar in probably three years and I'm not particularly looking forward to it. lol

Sunday will be a quiet day at home with Aeryn and hubby... we're cleaning up the garden and planting some radish and spinach to see if we can get some harvested before our first frost, which should be at least 3 weeks away.

Monday I'm doing NOTHING... it's supposed to rain so I'm putting a pot of tea on the stove, a quilt on the couch, and I'm curling up to read a book for the afternoon. (at least for the 2 hours that Aeryn naps).

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Working at time and a half. The only days they pay me what I am worth. :gig

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are going up north to work on our new house, when we can. Saturday DH may have to work, but Sunday and Monday for sure. Dh says that, if I want to be in by Christmas, we have to make these sacrifices now. So that means a lot of driving (we have to be back every night to take care of the animals) and a lot of hot, stinky work. Yay.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Saturday....cutting firewood.....Sunday, drive to Ohio for a family BBQ...Monday, receiving 2 more ducks in from the rescue. Exciting hu?? LOL

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im doing nothing.. Well maybe picking more blackberries to put in the freezer.. And....

Dreaming about being more SS and learning from this site, and getting ideas.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmer's Market on Friday, then out to the cabin. I'll be getting the garden ready for planting at the end of September. Hopefully we'll take the boat out sometime over the weekend. Otherwise, just relaxing.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hadn't really thought about it yet. We might be dodging storms. I have a chiropractor appt, so I'll probably be sore all day Saturday. Checking out a new church Sunday. And Monday...no idea.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We usually have a big family get together at my aunts house. That's likely where I'll be. :D