Anyone dreamed like this?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that the Government outlawed homesteading or any other self reliant measures. For me since I began my career as a homesteader, the apple tree has always been a symbol of self reliance for me. I dreamed last night that the Gov't destroyed our homestead, but the apple tree was what they destroyed the worst. They cut down some trees, and damaged others. They did other things to our place, I just don't recall them. Any ideas why I'd dream that?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Been reading the Hunger Games? You have a very active imagination youngun :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Not for a week or so...I ain't had time to finish it.... :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
Not for a week or so...I ain't had time to finish it.... :p
Maybe your subconscious is trying to finish it for you in your dreams :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
....or just good old fashioned crazy ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Or, you're seeing into the future. Let's face it, if the gubberment could control the food supply, they could control the population.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
They are inching into the food supply anyway. Have been for years, but I don't think that's the way they'll try to take over if they do try at all. Everyone is just as reliant on money and the current market system, and most are reliant on getting food that way. That'd make more sense to take down the market, thus taking down the majorities food supplies in the process. The government may be a bunch of idiots but they aren't stupid :p They already convinced us to let them boss us around...they have to be a little bit smart.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe you need to consider gorilla gardening then. I read Gone With the Wind a long time ago. When the Union troops went to Tara, they took whatever they could to supply themselves with. The family would have suffered pretty bad, except those men didn't recognize the sweetpotatoe or peanut plants as being a crop. Plant things also that people wouldn't ordinarily know could be used as food.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You need a vacation, cut loose, and don't be so serious for just a minute :lol: :lol:

it probaby means you want to be more prepped and feel like you aren't moving fast enough???? or something like that???