Anyone Else Currently Homeschooling?

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My oldest needs that too, I have to give her one or two things at a time or else the meltdowns/shutdowns ensue.
Also it’s only October and I’m already over half the curriculum I picked out. Revisiting some plans and ideas the next few weeks🤔
Actually getting stuff done ahead of time?

I can only barely imagine!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6 spent 10 hours on my computer yesterday doing an online school component. :eek: At bedtime, he asked me oh-so-sweetly if he could "have tomorrow off." :love Yes, please, I need my computer to catch up on work. He has been playing with Legos today.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No I just hate it and want to trash half of it and come up with other ideas 🤣 we are ahead in some areas though! I’m really picky…. I prefer to come up with my own curriculum, but that got a lot harder having 3 kids than it was with one!
I am so picky about curriculum too! Last year, DS6 was in public virtual charter school for Kindergarten. The staff pushed us toward "complete" curriculum. I despise complete curriculum and we barely used any of it. He did great with Kumon workbooks because each one focuses on a specific skill. I'm very careful to not let him get ahead of grade level in reading, writing, and math because I want him back in public school ASAP.

We are currently using the same math curriculum as the elementary school uses - Eureka, plus Kumon, plus Math Seeds online program. He is using Reading Eggs and Fast Phonics, Kumon, and sometimes IXL.

I have the problem of finding more good material than a kid can use.