Anyone else have a Kindle?

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm going to have to look into this I love to read and this would be nice to have

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have one and love it! It's almost always with me. I even have a few of my favorite cookbooks on it so I can look up recipese while at the store!!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
What a great idea! What cookbooks on Kindle do you like?

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I saw that, but was wondering about using the tiny keyboard and I'm not on-the-go places very much, but I'm curious how you like it. For a dollar it is a nice feature to add.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also love my Kindle. Along with many books, I also have a magazine subscription on it (The New Yorker), which is great -- I can sit down for a few minutes to read and a new article is right there waiting for me. The only downside I have found in the Kindle is that a book of poetry I bought has really wacky spacing from page to page. Otherwise, it's great. Now if I just could find more time to read....

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love my Kindle. And really appreciate the chance to sample the first chapter of a book to decide whether I want it or not. Saves me money. And the free boks are great - I've discovered some great authors that way.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have a Sony ereader and love it. The one thing I make sure I do is save all my books to my computer and then copy them to my external harddrive and to a USB memory stick. I have a fear of them disappearing somewhere. EReader gone, broken, stolen, computer crash, etc. I think that is my one OCD thing. (Well, maybe not my only one):rolleyes:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
Love my Kindle. And really appreciate the chance to sample the first chapter of a book to decide whether I want it or not. Saves me money. And the free boks are great - I've discovered some great authors that way.
I love that sample feature too. I've decided against purchasing some books based on it!

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
The battery lasts me about a month. I'm sure it is the Kindle with the long battery life,
You probably have the black and white version. The new color Kindle and Nook are more like tablet PCs and use a lot more battery juice. I bought my oldest daughter and her husband a black and white Nook for their birthdays just that reason.