Anyone got any good DIY thanksgiving decorations?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pine cones. Cut out a turkey head of red construction paper, draw a face on it and glue in a pine cone. Toothpick legs, it's ok to cheat and use 4 LOL. Draw and cut out a fan tail, glue at back, (wide end) of pine cone.

Pine cones also make good Christmas tree decorations, great to do with little kids. Spray paint them. Roll in bowls of clue, then in bowls of glitter. Can do with sweet gum tree balls too.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pine cones. Cut out a turkey head of red construction paper, draw a face on it and glue in a pine cone. Toothpick legs, it's ok to cheat and use 4 LOL. Draw and cut out a fan tail, glue at back, (wide end) of pine cone.

Pine cones also make good Christmas tree decorations, great to do with little kids. Spray paint them. Roll in bowls of clue, then in bowls of glitter. Can do with sweet gum tree balls too.
Awesome! Thank you! I will give these a try!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need to do something with my kids for Thanksgiving decorations. (Meh) construction paper leaves? IDK.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You got us started on corn husk decorations. Thank you! 😍

20201124_115134.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We never did much Thanksgiving decor in my family.

I collected a couple different lichens, mosses, small branches, and pinecones last year. Mom arranged them with fairy lights in two large apocathary jars for Thanksgiving and Christmas table decor.

SIL asked her what craft store she bought everything at so she could make one for her mom. She was a bit put out because I can't just give her more since we live 4.5 hours away.

So anything can make a good decoration if you look at it right.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am looking for good DIY thanksgiving decorations! I have a few in mind, but want a few more ideas! Lets have a little Thanksgiving decor sharing thread! Can't wait to see you ideas!

i'm a beano so a nice clear jar with different layers of colored beans in there. :)

i actually have blue beans now (but not enough yet) that i can eventually do a red white and blue version of something some day. i may have to figure out some kind of sealant for the beans though because the blue beans eventually get darker and i'd want to keep the bright blue if i could...

Latest posts