Anyone have a homemade clothesline?

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Growing up, we had a clothesline that was simply the plastic coated wire strung between 3-4 pine trees. All we had were pine trees, so we just wound the wire around a few trees and we had our clothesline.

I think some of the best clotheslines I've seen were the T-post lines with 3-4 strands and drawn tight. If you really want it to last, make sure to support the end T-posts with anchors. Usually an anchor would be a post that only came a few inches out of the ground, but was buried fairly deep. Then you would run a wire from the anchor to the T-post and make sure to put a tightener in there, that way as the years come, you can simply tighten it and not have to worry about leaning posts and sagging lines. :)

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Yes, my hubby built me one. We have really strong winds here, so mine might be a bit of over kill, but he pounded in two 6x6 pressure treated posts into the ground, mounted (lag bolted)4x4--3 ft peices to the top to form a T, and braced those with 2x4s in a v shape for stability. I'll see if I have a pic.
Perfect, perfect :D That is exactly what I want...thanks for the pic!