Anyone have the kitchenaid mixer attachments? use as food processor?

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I tore up yet another food processor and was wondering how well the attachment works on the kitchen-aid.
Any suggestions, pro's con's of these attachment's???

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I have the shredder. I thought I would use it a lot, and I hate it. When I try to run cabbage through for slaw, the leaves get caught between the chute and the shredder. It does this on most of the other veggies I've tried as well. Other things I've tried and not liked how they turn out are carrots, celery, and green peppers. I ended up getting a used cuisinart food processor on CL and LOVE it.

What kind of food processors have you been tearing up?

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
every brand walmart/shopko sells. about one every few years. sometimes 2 a year.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I only have the kitchenaide meat grinder which I love. But for food processors, I buy cheap ones knowing they won't last long. Makes me feel better about the whole thing when they only last a couple of years.

Sundancers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love my kitchenaide - and I love my attachmen Just MOH ...:D

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Sundancers said:
what attatchments do u have? And why do u love them?
I am trying to decide which to get.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have the meat grinder, which we use a lot and love. I also have an oat roller which makes the best oatmeal and can also do other grains like rye and wheat flakes, but we haven't done those as we don't care for them as much as oatmeal. It was not a KitchenAid attachment, but was made to fit the KA.

newmochick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a KSM90 mixer, with a multi-function attachment pack:

I use the strainer attachment to make tomota puree and love it. You can process alot of tomatoes at one time. I used my shredder to shred zuc to freeze and liked it as well. I have not used the food grinder attachment.

Sundancers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
Sundancers said:
what attatchments do u have? And why do u love them?
I am trying to decide which to get.
I have a few of the attachments - fruit/veggie strainer, food/meat grinder, with pasta maker plates and the slicer/shredder.

Why do I love 'em ... They are all about 10 years old and in working order. (A big plus for me). The strainer and shredder are great for garden season and meat grinder works great for people who wants to put up their own deer, beef or pork.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have the meat grinder and have been using it for years. Definitely a good investment.