Anyone here crochet?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Cool site thanks Kel. Good luck with those socks! My MIL makes them and they seem pretty difficult!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
They often have free direction in the yarn store I go to or on the yarn package itself. Scarfs are really easy to make, you can just do single crochet as wide as you want and until it is long enough. Add a few different colors at each end to make it interesting. Single crochet will be nice and warm. You can even add fringe for added interest.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
My favorite place to browse is Ravelry.com :p

I've knitted a few hats already the last month, and a couple of cowls/neckwarmers. I prefer a cowl to a scarf.

I'm currently knitting a scarf for my hubby's grandfather.

I do crochet as well, my hands can take knitting a little easier than crochet for some reason.. :/

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Here is the last neckwarmer I knitted up for my son :D

trentonsmall.jpg

I knitted a hat to match, I haven't downloaded the pic.

My daughter got a pink one and a headband.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh that looks cool!
I think I have worked up the nerve to go to the craft store today....:rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace I crochet, blankets etc... Nothing to fancy usually just a double stitch or stitch and a half. Hit up your local Wall mart. Get a red # 9 or maybe a multi pack of hooks, so you can try them all and see which you like best. I guess it depends on the yarn. My good will has yarn all the time but you can buy a pound at Michael's for about 7 bucks. That should be enough for a couple simple scarfs. Or is it scarves?? They also have those little papers on the counter at Wall mart that show projects and tell you which stitch and how much yarn. go easy on yourself. Just make a simple 10 to 12 inch row and get going on it. tie some tassels on the ends when your done and wa la!!!

Anyways. I am totally going to steal your idea. I have a ton of yarn handy and need to come up with something hand made for the nieces and nephews. I am on a gift strike this year.

Let me know how it goes. Oh I have a nifty knitter if you want to borrow it. I could not figure out how to do it. The yarn was always just to tight. Anyone else have this problem? Wifezilla I know you make great hats. Any advice????

gina

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have heard that the nifty knitter is tricky!

I am going to head out today and get some yarn and a hook. I am on store bought gift strike for extended family this year. Just not going to buy more useless crap!

For your nieces sugar/salt scrubs might be appreciated and they are cheap and easy.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks but there is only one girl I am obligated to buy a gift for and shes 10. I think she would love a scarf. At least she better because thats what shes getting now.

After I read your post I went through m yarn bucket. Found a half done blue baby blanket. Which is perfect because my sil just had a boy. who hoo, 1 gift down and 6 more to go.

g