Anyone here fans of Countryside Magazine?

billfosburgh

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
iv`e been getting it for 18yrs. i also get The Small Farmers Journal iv`e gotten it since 1979

Chirpy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Yup- we've gotten Countryside for years. Love the "real" people suggestions and helpful hints.

Someone at our post office used to love mine also. For most of one year I wasn't getting my subscription so I'd call and they'd have to send one to me in a plain brown wrapper! Then, I'd get it. Or, I'd get it late and find the pages had been read through as someone had folded corners or torn a page here and there. They told me at the Countryside office that several of their customers have to have theirs sent in plain brown covers or they also didn't get them. One lady always got here's with coffee stains on the pages!

Glad people loved it so much... wish they'd buy their own subscription.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Now that's hilarious! Sounds like my PO back home. We would always find our envelopes opened, magazine's read, etc. Kind of wonder how much time they have on their hands!

Well, can't blame em for reading the CS! I can't put mine down when I get it. I, too, like the articles sent in by subscribers. The recipes are the greatest, also.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Just got the new issue and any of you folks interested in self-sufficiency has just got to have this one!! Jam-packed with all kinds of stuff, chicken info, recipes...you name it! THIS is going to be a good one! God must have known I would get it today....he arranged a wonderful thunderstorm and cool temps, just right for snuggling down and reading! Also making apple sauce and applebutter today, so the house smells wonderfully like fall! :)

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just got our first issue on Monday along with 2 yrs worth of back issues. A friend turned us on to it in July and we have been like a couple of kids on Christmas morning waiting for all this new reading material !!!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Just got our first issue on Monday along with 2 yrs worth of back issues. A friend turned us on to it in July and we have been like a couple of kids on Christmas morning waiting for all this new reading material !!!!!!!
Isn't it the coolest little mag? The boys know to leave me alone when I get the new issue, as its going to be one of those~ I won't answer the phone, go to bed early so I can read all evening, take the mag to the bathroom with me so I won't lose any time reading~ evenings! :D

Latest posts