Anyone here fans of Countryside Magazine?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yea, I read that. While I don't distain all carbs, I definitely do believe excessive consumption is what's making so many obese. Now how do we get commercials created to show our kids that don't promote the excess consumption of all things carb?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Stop subsidizing the corn, wheat and sugar industry?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That'll be the day. Way too much money changing hands for that. No, we have to demand it, as consumers. Money talks and all that! :rolleyes:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Did you all see my article that was printed in the January/February addition?

Brag ... Brag... It is entitled "Winter Care for Your Chickens".

The City Biddy hennies in the article are no longer with us. They have gone on to the great soup kettle in the sky!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Did you all see my article that was printed in the January/February addition?

Brag ... Brag... It is entitled "Winter Care for Your Chickens".

The City Biddy hennies in the article are no longer with us. They have gone on to the great soup kettle in the sky!
That was you!? Might have to let you sign my edition! :D Congrats!

Unfortunately, I am dropping my subscription to CS and looking for a less politically littered publication! :(

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I think we need to just claim it back. I think those folks might actually listen.

My Mother Earth News subscription is long gone. I got tired of reading about the politics, the really rich and famous people thinking they are being green while building their huge mansions with retractable roofs and flying to and fro in their private jets to protest global warming.

The Countryside folks seem at least slightly more down to earth. I think if enough of us wrote in they would be ready to listen. One of the things I always used to like about Countryside was the fact that they respected the lifestyles and beliefs of Christians - in addition to the pagans and other more esoteric religions out there.

I think part of the problem is that the second generation is now running the magazine and they try to be too political and correct. We need good old fashioned practicality!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Bee - just sent it too me. Then I can brag about having a "groupie"!

HA!:lol:

This is another example of God working in mysterious ways.

Remember me talking about being so bad with my arthritis last summer? I had a hard time walking and some days I could not hold a knife tight enough to cut up my own food. I was totally bummed out!

Years ago I used to do quite a bit of freelance writing. When I was so bummed my kid - the Geek son - suggested that I start writing again. Anyone that has read my posts - KNOWS I love to talk, so writing again seemed to be a good idea and a way to get out of my funk. Maybe I'll do more of it - now that I am started again. After all it is a good past time for an old fogie like me.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep. I think they are trying to "reformat", like MEN did. We all see where that went, don't we?

The minute they started accepting more advertisers, writing articles on political agendas, and how to have a garden without plowing (Harvey Ussery) that shows pics of a lush garden planted in perfect compost that was paid for and hauled in (who in the world could afford that much mulch/compost?).....well, that was when they lost me at MEN! No more good ideas like how to build a solar panel to power your home~ for under $500!

I remember the older issues....I couldn't wait to peruse the pages.

Just like CS. Now I could care less if I receive it. The last 3 issues have been a serious disappointment and I can't imagine the next 3 will be any different. :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Bee - just sent it too me. Then I can brag about having a "groupie"!

HA!:lol:

This is another example of God working in mysterious ways.

Remember me talking about being so bad with my arthritis last summer? I had a hard time walking and some days I could not hold a knife tight enough to cut up my own food. I was totally bummed out!

Years ago I used to do quite a bit of freelance writing. When I was so bummed my kid - the Geek son - suggested that I start writing again. Anyone that has read my posts - KNOWS I love to talk, so writing again seemed to be a good idea and a way to get out of my funk. Maybe I'll do more of it - now that I am started again. After all it is a good past time for an old fogie like me.
I don't blame you, I love to write! I can't imagine anyone wanting to read what I've written, but it sure would be fun! :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Well you had BETTER imagine it.

How many people just here on this forum LOVE to read what you have to say. I for one really enjoy hearing your ideas and suggestions and have learned quite a lot.

The nice thing about freelance is you write what you want and you would be amazed how many people want to publish it.

Sometimes they pay pretty good as well. We all know a little extra money can come in handy from time to time!:)

Latest posts