Anyone in California??

RhondaVoos

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am new here!! We live in the High Desert in Southern CA with 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 canary, 7 peafowl, 1 pot bellied pig, 3 chickens, and 2 kids on 2 1/2 acres. Would love to meet some neighbors. We have a container garden on the front deck, will have to wait for next year to do a raised bed garden, I am newly disabled and CAN'T bend down to garden at all. I usually raise my own eggs and tukeys and do the butchering myself (yucky, but fairly easy) Hubby is VERY interested in wind power and my brothers own a solar company. I am mostly interested in my animals and cooking.

Rhonda

discoversimplicity

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to this site. I live in Sonora in Tuolumne County. My DH and I just put in an offer on a 10 acre property in Calaveras County, we're so excited at the opportunity to become much more self sustaining with our own livestock, garden etc. Can't wait to learn as much as possible from all of you out there already in practice :frow

Stitchsfj

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the foothills of Cali. Looking to move to western Idaho soon. My wife has gotten me interested in self sufficiency. It would be awesome to lower the cost of living and revert back about 100 years

Blue Egg Jo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post but I've been a lurker for a bit. I also live in the High Desert in Southern California, in Lancaster. I have a small garden going this year along with 12 silly chickens.