Anyone know anything about Juice Plus????

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I have been having some severe issues with my joints lately. Usually it hits a few times a yr few days swollen and sore but not a huge deal. BUT I have had huge swollen joint,severe pain, and I am at my wits end. been going on now for about 4 - 4 1/2 weeks solid now. Dr did bloodwork thst was inconclusive but sending me to reumatologist but can get for another 2 weeks. anyway family member suggested this JUICE PLUS. it seem high to me $42 a month but at this point I am almost ready to give anything a try.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is Juice Plus one of the pyramid sales deals? If so, your relative may be selling it and want you to try it for that reason. There was one a few years back that I tried, called SeaSilver. It seemed to help me have more energy and less pain but I couldn't really tell for sure. It was about $35 a bottle back then. Later they were sued for making false claims.:rolleyes:
There is a lot of info available about inflamation and inflamatory foods. You might want to check into that. Someone here on this forum found a website where you can check the inflamation factor on over a thousand different foods. I can't remember who's post that was to give them credit, I am sorry. The website is a good one. Basically, fish is good, hot peppers are good, sugar is bad. When I find that post again, I will let you know.
As far as things you can put on the sore joint, I am experimenting with DSMO. I mix it with veterinary liniment. Does work, but smelly. Also, DSMO is a chemical that has its own set of possible problems, so use with caution. It is available at the farm supply store, next to the liniment. Also, arnica is a good pain reliever.
Dietary suppliments: boswellia for pain (frankinscense), ginger and tumeric for inflamation.
I am not qualified to diagnose you, of course, but your symptoms do sound like my RA.
I have been told you don't have to show a high "sed rate" to actually have RA. It is an indicator, but not absolute.
Good luck. Hope you find relief soon.

runnergirl73

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My sister takes juice plus, and has not been sick since she started taking it. They usually have a buy one get one free type deal. She swears by it. At 32 she had a heart attack. She had a blockage. Within 6 months she was no longer taking the blood thinner prescribed to her after her heart attack. I'm thinking of starting juice plus myself.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My aunt takes it and also swears by it for joint pain relief...and she is a crippled up little thing with steel rods up her spine, one short leg and arthritic hands...80 yrs old. She's also very notoriously savvy about money and has millions tucked away~she ain't spendin' no pennies on any scheme, I can tell you that! :lol: She still works for Jackson-Hewitt doing people's taxes each year and she's very, very astute~not a bit feeble-minded.

She does all her own lawn care and most of her own home maintenance. Get's around better than folks half her age but to look at her you couldn't imagine how. I'd say the Juice Plus may just have some merits.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Personally, I'd cut out all wheat and see how that does. Wheat's know for causing inflammation. Couldn't hurt to try it, and it's a lot cheaper.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
donrae said:
Personally, I'd cut out all wheat and see how that does. Wheat's know for causing inflammation. Couldn't hurt to try it, and it's a lot cheaper.
Does anybody know if sprouted wheat is as inflamatory as regular wheat? It is supposed to act more like a vegetable in your body, since it has started the sprouting process, but I didn't know if that makes a difference in the inflamation factor.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
donrae said:
I have been wheat free for 3 ish yrs. I have Celiac's Disease so that is definately not the cause because even using ONE hair product by mistake with wheat (I am a Stylist), let alone eat any, sends me into a bad "attack" with the **cough cough** tummy issues and makes me extremely ill.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry for the reason but good for you. Sorry it also couldn't be an easy fix for you!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
a couple years back I was taking it...
I found...it did help...
I was at a real lack of energy...
it wasn't so much that I felt a pep surge...
but if I missed a day I could sure tell the difference...
it is expensive
but if you can afford it, it is not a bad thing...
but couldn't say if it could help with your specific issues...
I would think maybe going more spicific issue holistic..might be better.
not sure which to sugest..
hope you are feeling better soon.

taoist

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This seems very similar to the Noni Juice stuff that is/was popular. I've had a couple of patients that used that stuff and said they had great results. But, when it became too expensive for them to continue using it, they crashed big time and then came to see me for treatment. I'm not sure what all is in these supplements that makes everyone feel so great...I'm hoping they are just simple food derivatives and not hopped up with some energy herbs or caffeine, etc.

For the money, you could get the same results and better benefits by buying a juicer and a lot of veggies and making your own juice/smoothie. I recommend a regular blender over a juicer so you can get the benefit of fiber that juicers extract but either would most likely be better than taking supplements like these.

I know that time and hassle and sometimes expense is the reason most people use these rather than the juicer/blender but, as in nature, there is always a tradeoff/price that has to be paid.