Anyone know what can help high blood pressure?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If you are looking for a pill that is all natural, garlic pills work pretty well~even on those people who make no other changes in their lifestyles. They make some that do not leave your breath smelling too badly but they are more expensive than the typical garlic caps.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My BP dropped 20 points when my teenage twins finally moved out. Hasn't been that high since. (2000 or thereabouts.)
Whatever healthy activity that helps to lower your stress, plus walking. I am 52

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Actually, sometimes high blood pressure can be a sign of dehydration. Very few people drink as much water as they really should (1/2 oz per pound of body weight). Thirst is NOT a reliable indicator of dehydration. If you aren't getting enough water, the blood literally gets thicker, which means the heart has to work harder to pump it.
I/2 oz per pound of body weight?? Holy cow, I might as well just put the garden hose in my mouth and turn the spigot on. :lol: You're right about the blood thickening, I had forgotten about that. Didn't they usually say that the average person needs 64 ounces of water per day? Sounds like a lot of us need more than that.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty heavy. When I worked out the math, it came out to a gallon plus not quite another pint! The water will also help you lose weight since your body needs water to convert fat to glucose; it also helps with muscle pain caused by toxic overload in the muscles and stuff like that- it's the original "anti-inflammatory".

I remember my doctor explaining to me that not drinking adequate amounts of water is like "trying to wash a set of king-size sheets in a coffee mug" :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I so agree. Water is key to good functioning bodies.

I drink tons of water. And when I started that, I felt so much better. It is truly needed.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I agree with drinking lots of water. Also try adding at least two stalks of celery into your daily diet.

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Not-so helpful advice I've received ranges from divorce DH (what!) to move to Alaska (hmmm.)