Anyone make and use BIO-DIESEL fuel?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I watched the movie FUEL the other day.Got me thinking about buying a diesel car and making my OWN fuel. Has anyone tried it? Anyone watch the movie? Taught me a lot of things I did not know,and there is a lot I want to look into now. Kids watched some too. I want them to seriously consider all alternatives to the dominant petro oil that drives our world today.It will disappear.Why wait till it is scarce to use alternatives?

Fuel from alegae,poop,or used oil.What a shame that petro oil people blocked the development of it. Rudolph Diesel who created the diesel engine (and was probably murdered) built his machine to run on peanut oil.It still runs today. Henry Ford built cars that were able to run on petro oil or bio diesel fuel.Rockerfeller put an end to that.Couldn't have Ford taking 25% percent of the market. Shameful.

If dh could decide where his 401k was invested I would have him invest in green companies.That is where the future is.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Guess I have a new movie to watch.
I thought about it, but figured as soon as I do, so will a lot of other people. I used to have a 1980? VW rabbit that got 50 mph, wishin I still had it.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have researched but not much

i had considered a 1980ish mercedes and buying the kit which is not expensive

however they now SELL the used oil whereas before you could beg for it for free from restaurants

it is something to consider but first i would find a steady sourse for the oil FIRST

the sites i found that explained the process says just about anyone can install the kit and its not too pricey

Mattemma said:
I watched the movie FUEL the other day.Got me thinking about buying a diesel car and making my OWN fuel. Has anyone tried it? Anyone watch the movie? Taught me a lot of things I did not know,and there is a lot I want to look into now. Kids watched some too. I want them to seriously consider all alternatives to the dominant petro oil that drives our world today.It will disappear.Why wait till it is scarce to use alternatives?

Fuel from alegae,poop,or used oil.What a shame that petro oil people blocked the development of it. Rudolph Diesel who created the diesel engine (and was probably murdered) built his machine to run on peanut oil.It still runs today. Henry Ford built cars that were able to run on petro oil or bio diesel fuel.Rockerfeller put an end to that.Couldn't have Ford taking 25% percent of the market. Shameful.

If dh could decide where his 401k was invested I would have him invest in green companies.That is where the future is.