Anyone make dough with a food proccessor?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I will be getting a food proccessor soon and wonder if I should get one with a dough hook? I know some use a stand mixer and some use a breadmaker just for that. Not sure if it will work well enough or not. Thank you for any input!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've done it. It makes such a small amount that I don't use it, but I had to try, and it worked just fine...for one loaf.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I would say don't do it. I have a 550HD kitchenaide mixer and It bogs down on some doughs. The motor on the food proessor would definitley not be able to handle doughs.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Some food processors are strong enough. My new one is. I got it at Costco maybe three years ago. It has a blade made just for dough.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Some food processors are strong enough. My new one is. I got it at Costco maybe three years ago. It has a blade made just for dough.
What brand is your processor that is strong enough?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It says "Cuisinart Custom Prep 11" on the front. Works great. I use it for lots of stuff, especially since I like to make big batches of stuff.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I've done pie crust in my cuisinart and it was great. I haven't done a bread dough but there are recipes for it in the booklet that came with my machine.