Anyone make $ from selling breads/baked goods?

Nicki

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I know our farmers market only has one seller that does bread and usually sells out within 2 hours or so but we are in Washington and to sell any baked/canned goods you must have a commercial kitchen licenses permits etc. But for anyone who has those available canned goods/bread/pies you name it they fly off the shelf as so few people have the ability to produce and sell them.

Nicki

card5640

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I put up posters al over a local campus/dorms during move-in week. Parents orderd brithday cakes ( I am a semi-prof cake designer) also "care packages" cookies and such. I also have become talented at cooking low sugar/ sugar replacement and advertised at some Diabetic support groups, they order from me too. With an outside full time job it has been enough to keep me busy.

equusvilla

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I got a notice in the mail that basically said, "Opps - we goofed and your escrow is negative $6,000..so your house paymnent is going up $700.00 per month!" I about had a heart attack!

I started to bake bread and sell it everywhere. I prayed and prayed trying not to worry... and God blessed my business that year. Every month I made up the difference in the house payment by selling breads...tons of bread! Once the year was over though - I stared to run into problems. I did not have a commercial kitchen...nor the means to get one. Places that I used to sell tons of bread - church bazaars and craft shows etc.. now required food vendors to show proof of this.. so my business dried up.

In my heart - I know God answered my prayer and met the need. I was working hard and many nights would bake all night long. Looking back - it was a miracle I survived....ha hah..I did not even have a machine to kneed it - all was done by hand.

Everything I baked sold well...just that the yeast breads took longer to make and made less profit.

Julie

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
equusvilla,

thanks so much for sharing this story. What hard work you did- and for something that wasn't even your fault. A great testimonial for "do what you can, and God will do the rest". I am sure that there was someone who was inspired by what you did and even today, encouraged by your example.
Thanks,

Julie

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
equusvilla said:
About 20 years ago, I got a notice in the mail that basically said, "Opps - we goofed and your escrow is negative $6,000..so your house paymnent is going up $700.00 per month!" I about had a heart attack!

I started to bake bread and sell it everywhere. I prayed and prayed trying not to worry... and God blessed my business that year. Every month I made up the difference in the house payment by selling breads...tons of bread! Once the year was over though - I stared to run into problems. I did not have a commercial kitchen...nor the means to get one. Places that I used to sell tons of bread - church bazaars and craft shows etc.. now required food vendors to show proof of this.. so my business dried up.

In my heart - I know God answered my prayer and met the need. I was working hard and many nights would bake all night long. Looking back - it was a miracle I survived....ha hah..I did not even have a machine to kneed it - all was done by hand.

Everything I baked sold well...just that the yeast breads took longer to make and made less profit.

Julie
Julie, that is the greatest encouragement I could receive this week. I see the Lord in that so much, how he blessed you to meet the exact need you had. I think that is just awesome, and gives me SO much hope for my bake sale this weekend.