Anyone near Southwest Mississippi?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post. DH and I are just moving to SW MS to be near family. We have been RVers (snowbirds or snowflakes, if you please) for 8 and a half years out West and are ready to settle for a while. From FL originally. Will be renting a fixer upper on 3 acres--still in rv right now. I prepared for hurricanes in FL and just kept it up even in 240 square ft. of living space. I do visit one other website. It will be great to be in a house and in the country again! Are there any hints for new people on this forum (I read the rules). Thanks and I look forward to learning from everyone.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
NW Florida here.... as MTN said, no tips necessary and welcome!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from central Kansas! We've considered the full time RV life, too. I'm afraid that I'll miss the gardening, chickens, etc, too much.

There are tons of posts in all the topic threads. That helped me get a feel for the forum before I joined and I continue to learn stuff. We all have different levels of SS, some are extremely SS, others do just a bit. But we all started out at the beginning steps.:D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks you all! This is such a large board with so much info! Guess I'll dive in!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello from Arkansas! :frow

We're living in a 22' camper and can't wait to get our cabin built. It'll be small (roughly 24' x 24') but it's gonna feel like a mansion after almost 2 years in this little Prowler!

Just jump right on in and make yourself at home here, it's a great group!

Dawn

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Yikes Dawn! I feel your pain! Right now we are in a 30 ft. travel trailer and have been for a year and a half. The one before that was a 21 ft travel trailer. Me, DH and 2 mini schnauzers. And I canned in the 21 ft. one too! Our new place is already set up for a trailer with sewer hookup, etc. We can live in our shoebox while getting the house liveable. That's a plus! And the trailer will be a guesthouse later on. Good luck to you!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot,

Your new place sounds great! :cool:

Even though our place is small (especially with our Aussie shepherd and cat), we've been having the time of our lives!

After dinner last night, we sat out by our firepit, wondered in amazement at all the stars we could see (no security lights close by) and talked about how there are a few little things we coulda done differently but wouldn't trade it for the world! An evening like that is priceless! :D

Dawn