Anyone see Extreme Cheapstakes on tv?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW
hitting fast food places for a ton of ketchup packs and putting into ketchup bottle, means never buying ketchup again.

eating out and watching others foods, and ASKING for their leftovers, putting in box and taking home?

yikes

it was wild

anyone watch it?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Never heard of it,but their behavoir sounds horrid.Gotta look it up! I like saving money but there is no way I would do the things you mentioned unless I was homeless, and there was no church or local shelter around that could help me! I am suprised they don't hit up food banks and soup kitchens.

I just bought some ketchup(88 cents) and mustard(67 cents) the other day,and it is not a budget breaker.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new show I believe. I have never seen it before but this was I think, like, OCD type people.
they can't be the norm??? :lol:
I thought I was kinda norm USA citizen and I wouldn't do it :sick
lol

I think Bravo or TLC or something like that for station

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snatching ketchup packs and squirting them into bottles.......how long could that possibly take? each one has like a whopping spoonful

ummmmmmmmmmm. publix has heinz (supposedly no hfcs) 18 oz for .90. it will take me 15 to drive to the store and back or i can sit at the dining room table for about two hours squirting little packs into a bottle......decisions decisions decisions. what do you do in this situation.

i would be too scared taking leftovers from customers in a restaurant for fear of getting sick.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow. 1 ply toilet paper. I don't know if I could do that. I think a bidet is the SS answer to that problem.

Being *that* cheap is like a full-time job.

I'd rather work a little instead of picking up brown rice off the sidewalk.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL K1 you saw the show
yea it was over the top for sure

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
why tho do people do that?
can't be for the money truly. it must be a mental thing that they can't break??? like real hoarders???

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can't imagine doing either of them, either. If you don't eat out, you don't spend as much money, so there's no need to ask anyone else for their leftovers.

K15n1, I use 1 ply toilet paper all the time. I feel like I'm wasting it if I'm someplace that has 2 ply. And, if it wasn't for my hubby, I might go w/cloth. (He heard about that someplace and he was like this. :sick)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
WOW
hitting fast food places for a ton of ketchup packs and putting into ketchup bottle, means never buying ketchup again.

eating out and watching others foods, and ASKING for their leftovers, putting in box and taking home?

yikes

it was wild

anyone watch it?
I saw this in a decent restaurant once and was appalled. This couple was taking leftovers off abandoned tables and eating them voraciously. It was hard not to stare. Taking packets is really just stealing. They're there for one's use AT the restaurant.

I think one is just bad taste, and the second is actual theft.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
why tho do people do that?
can't be for the money truly. it must be a mental thing that they can't break??? like real hoarders???
I think it gets addictive. I've seen a bit of this in myself...like "We can't spend that much eating out tonight with friends!" But why? We can afford a fish fry. I've just gotten into a very strong habit of not spending any unnecessary money. I wonder if these people actually have an addiction.