Anyone see SuperBowl wind energy ad?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cute ad
Hmm...what is that little kid doing on a train and many miles from home by himself...HA HA HA HA

Almost seems like a better ad if they would have him walk out to his own front yard and capture the wind that is at your own home ya know.....

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Yeah, that would have made more sense but then they'd be left with 30 seconds or more to fill, LOL!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
yea but if they had a 10 sec. commercial vs. a 30 second spot.....then they could have saved like $1 or 2 million dollars..HA HA HA

aren't those ads very expensive in the super bowl?

Hmm....so much money spent on commercials it seems insane in these hard times.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That ad is actually a couple of years old. I can't believe they paid all that money to run it during the super bowl.

The ad that creeped me out was the smart grid ad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1XqLPa9BoA

" So if we went wind and solar, what are you going to do at night? Well, the Smart Grid was meant to designed to balance those kinds of systems. So when there's not enough juice, the Smart Grid can say, "Okay, I need to turn this off and this off and this off and I need to reduce the power in these houses, et cetera, et cetera." The Smart Grid, think of it this way, the Smart Grid is your outlet. It's like the Internet. Whenever you plug something in, it says, "Oh, the blender's on. Oh, the refrigerator's been turned down. Oh, they just turned up their heat. Oh, the air conditioning is on, at this temperature. Oh, the Beck family just turned on their television in the upstairs bedroom. They also have one running in the basement. Oh, somebody just opened the front door because the alarm just went off." Anything that uses power, that information can be taken out through the electrical outlets, and it's only -- they just wanted you to feel better about this. The government has explained it only goes into a big machine. A big machine? Is that how we're describing computers now? Is that supposed to make me feel better? It goes into a big machine? What, are you talking to a second grader?

Now, I am not saying that Obama or anybody else is going to use this system in nefarious ways, and when I say nefarious ways, what I mean is for less than a dollar per appliance, you can create a chip and put a chip in every appliance -- for less than a dollar you can put a chip in every appliance that communicates with the Smart Grid that says, "Television is on." Think of this as TiVo for your life. TiVo is the greatest invention ever for entertainment. I love TiVo. I have TiVo, and Smart Grid will tell you soon exactly what rooms I have TiVo in. But I have TiVo and there's not a problem with it, but just understand when you plug TiVo in, it's not just bringing information into your house, it's sucking information out. It is telling people like me that look for ratings, it tells me exactly when you started watching, at what time or what point in the program you stopped watching, which commercials you watched, which ones you didn't, which segments you forward through. It watches all of your -- everything that you watch, you don't think somebody is watching -- you know, everybody walks out of the room and you went, "Okay, what was that on Cinemax?" Nobody in the house knows it except you and TiVo. TiVo records everything that you do and it shoves it out into a big machiny thing. "
http://www.glennbeck.com/

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Well I guess that's what happens when you don't have TV and watch everything online. It was new to me and I simply loved it and wanted to share it. This forum hasn't been in existence for that long so the commercial was not archived here: now it is! :ya

Yeah I didn't link to the scarecrow ad because it was too weird.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--I enjoyed it and never saw it before.
I am the same. Limited tv, so if I post something I see on tv, it surely could be 100 years old for all I know...HA HA HA....but new to me!

:)