Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have seen people on TheEasyGarden mention them...in a good way :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I have seen people on TheEasyGarden mention them...in a good way :D
Thats good to know! I can't find any other source for the smaller size mangels. Seeds of Change only has the extra huge size, and I don't want those.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I bought most of my seeds from them the past couple of years and had success with them. However, they were bought by one of the companies I am boycotting (one of the big GMO companies, can't remember which one, but when I found out I took another look at their catalog and noticed all the deceptions in it! :somad ) and am buying from Baker's Creek's CT store this year. They have mangels, too.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I know that either I or my mom have ordered from them at least a coupla times in the past twenty years (how's that for specific :p) and since they are not on my mental list of "oh boy I am never doing THAT again" I presume I was adequately well satisfied. Of course things can change, and I know I have *not* ordered from them within the past 10 years so I dunno why I'm even bothering to post this LOL.

Pat

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Another Baker Creek fan here. Already have one order in for this spring and I need to do one more :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I bought most of my seeds from them the past couple of years and had success with them. However, they were bought by one of the companies I am boycotting (one of the big GMO companies, can't remember which one, but when I found out I took another look at their catalog and noticed all the deceptions in it! :somad ) and am buying from Baker's Creek's CT store this year. They have mangels, too.
ooo! off to check Bakers!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
The other trouble I am running into, is Seeds of Change has the onion seeds that I need to order TODAY! and they are not available ,and they will not reply to my question of when!
This particular variety is what grows well in our short cold wet summers.
I need about 1,000 seeds too!

ETA its Red Wethersfield onions.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I got their catalog the other day but I've never ordered from them. I ordered from John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds last year and this year I went with Baker Creek. Just ordered last night in fact. I got a tomato collection from Kitchen Garden though.
Our local food co-op carries some Seeds of Change. I will look for the onions there for you. :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
I got their catalog the other day but I've never ordered from them. I ordered from John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds last year and this year I went with Baker Creek. Just ordered last night in fact. I got a tomato collection from Kitchen Garden though.
Our local food co-op carries some Seeds of Change. I will look for the onions there for you. :D
Henrietta, I may need to find a different variety. I found a note that those onions do not store well.
I know we did well in MN with Stuttgarter onions.