Apex, North Carolina...the Peak of Living!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Moved here from the (New) Jersey Shore last summer and love it.
We've always tried to be self-sufficent, it's almost a talent, isn't it?
Just entered the world of backyard chickens and am trying to figure out what else we can do to 'take care ofourselves'.
Dh is working on converting a diesel to run on veggie oil.

Glad for this site, looking forward to sharing and gettin' a learnin' :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of where you live? I'm always interested in seeing other parts of the country that I may never get to see otherwise! :) Welcome home to the SS forum, BYW!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sure, I will post some pics.

images
Downtown Apex

images
Jordan Lake State Park

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hi karin

nice pic of Jordan Lake

we camped there many times...Tony loves to fish that lake! Caught some whoppers...LOL

haven't been this year but it is about a 3 hr. drive for me. not bad though, but with gas costs rising...LOL...yikes driving the truck up there..HA HA

ya can't win I guess...HA HA
:)

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
nccountrygirl,
dh and I went to a Hank Williams tribute at a theatre in Sanford in September. It was me, him and lots of old folks!! It was fun :)

Karen, We've seen the campgrounds across the water from where we swim. We've always just gone for a few hours at a time to cool off. When we have out-of-town guests, we drive out there to 'show-off' our pretty area ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Karin

It is a great lake...Jordan is a very nice area.....it just seems wild you and I haunt some of the same areas...LOL

I am going to Spencer (is that near you?) to see Thomas the Train for Nicole in Sept. I think it is just below Greensboro....gotta google mapquest and find out.

Camping at Jordan was great. We owned a truck camper then and pulled the boat. We sold both and got a travel trailer when Nicole was born....easier for me to deal wtih a kid in a big camper..LOL...lazy, I know, but I love it..HA HA

Do you camp?

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We used to camp every year but it now on the list of things dh and I won't do together anymore....Its a short list, but saves many an argument!

When we were in Jersey, we'd camp near the PA/DE border.

I've never heard of Spencer, but have a great time. We are near Raleigh, I think Greensboro is about 1.5 hours from here.