Apple Cider Vinegar

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you are drinking ACV and for what reasons and is it working.I have taken up drinking 8oz of water with 2 TBS or acv in it daily. I read that it is good for arthritis(which I have developed in my thumb joints). If nothing else it very refreshing.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
AND a great source of Vitamin C!

I never have taken the "tonic", but my hubby had two identical twin aunts that drank that exact mixture, PLUS a teaspoon of honey, every single day and swore by it. They both lived moving quite well right into their 90's.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes it is a great source of vitamin c and if it is the unfiltered kind it is also a great source of fiber. Hey maybe I'll live that long and be someones wonderful ol auntie Deb.lol

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm currently fermenting my own apple juice and it's just at the hard cider stage, so it won't be long until it's vinegar. After that, we will be drenching all animals and, of course, myself with this ACV plus garlic juice and raw honey. Once a month for internal parasites and a probiotic power boost! ;)

I hardly ever try anything on my animals that I haven't tried on myself first..... :p

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:gig

I have heard that comment made about horse people only the other way. They won't use any product unless it is good enough for their horse!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i have to say i'm a believer... its recommended for poultry for all kinds of reasons.

so one day this summer my belly was totally off kilter. so i did what they said to do for the poultry:

i took a shot of ACV and drank some raw goat milk

fixed me up in a jiffy! if its good enough for the hens its good enough for me!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, if I'm having any acid reflux issues, I just eat a big ol' salad swimming in a soup of ACV and it fixes it right up. :drool

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohio,thanks for the info. Didn't know it would be good for my girls, aka the hens. Could you let me know for what and how much ect..

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey deb4o!

some of the poultry folks on BYC use it weekly for general gut health of their birds... 1 tblsp in a gallon of water. this is good for chicks and hens...and waterfowl.

Harp - in the turkey section raises his birds naturally and uses this for all his birds weekly.

we also had some issues with cocci in our poults... which was horrible. many folks say that the same ACV in water will help - unless it gets out of control like ours did (we ended up using medication)...and then Miss Prissy over there said that the raw milk would help their bellies.

the Meat bird section guys also suggested this: raw milk + ACV when our broilers seemed to be not as vigorous... and it helped them too.

good luck!
:)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Do you still get the same health benefits
from regular old store brand acv or does it have to be raw?