April's Fool's Day Pranks?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Have any good ones?

A couple of years ago, we set the clocks ahead 2 hours one morning. Kids were up, dressed, ready to start their day when one of them caught on.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know someone who went to a lot of trouble, a LOT of trouble and expense, to fool a friend with a fake "Publisher's Clearing House Winner" bouquet, fake check, photographer and everything. I felt so bad for that poor victim. That wouldn't be a friend of mine any longer.
Setting the clock up is a good one. I changed the bath scale to kilograms instead of pounds once. DH wasn't very impressed.:/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
so lucky said:
I know someone who went to a lot of trouble, a LOT of trouble and expense, to fool a friend with a fake "Publisher's Clearing House Winner" bouquet, fake check, photographer and everything. I felt so bad for that poor victim. That wouldn't be a friend of mine any longer.
Setting the clock up is a good one. I changed the bath scale to kilograms instead of pounds once. DH wasn't very impressed.:/
I've seen clips on AFV where people give someone a fake winning lottery ticket. I always feel bad for the victim as well and think that's a cruel joke.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the fake lotto tickets either! Seems pretty cruel.
The best April Fool's Day jokes in my life have always come from my grandmother because she's just so gosh darn believable. Not once but TWICE she called me on the telephone (thousands of miles away) and in the course of conversation asked me how I got paint on my pants... I looked and looked and asked her what color, where it was etc. It wasn't until she was laughing hard enough she couldn't answer my questions that I realized how gullible I am. D'oh!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It is no secret that the BYC sister site ran pranks Where what you typed was replaced by other words. I used to get pleasure working around their little game until a mod would freeze me out for the whole day. Just be aware that we could be the targets this April First/

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have given my DH fake lottery tickets. It was so funny! There for a little while, he thought he was a $10,000 winner! One April 1st, I called him and in vivid detail I described my car on fire! He was still at home and was hopping around trying to get his pants on. He almost fell over. I really must set my devious mind to work and do something to him tomorrow...........