ARE THE OLD MASON JARS SAFE

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
love blrw said:
Some mason jars and old canning jars are worth a lot of money. Especially if they are blue glass. So I wouldn't sell any without knowing what they are worth.
I kept mine and use for dried spinach and herbs, etc, only have to wait a month or so to pick spinach here.
Lin
What do you do with the dried spinach?

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use the dried spinach all winter long in any casserole, pasta dish or soup I am making. No one knows the difference, but I assume that the nutrition of the dish improves.
Think about everything you put basil in, for some dishes use it like a spice, for other dishes use it as a main ingredient. Spagetti sauce=like a spice, lasange=like a main ingredient.
My favorite is putting it in lentil soup, it makes a huge difference in the taste of the soup, just blends in wonderfully. Makes me hungry right now.....
:)

dddct

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
OK made a really nice scented candle in one of the jars and tied a pretty ribbon on it/ Learned alot about making candles in this one short session. It doesn't look professional and there is one area that i had to touch up so the top isn't perfectly smooth but I think it came out pretty nice for my first try.

Latest posts