Are we living our dream?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I guess one thing at a time.

one way to buy yourself some peace is to tell people that you will not be screamed at again and hang up and block. if someone is doing it in person, i'd calmly ask them to stop and then if they don't walk away. tell them that you will not tolerate it any longer. put your own peace and needs at front, especially when you have so many others around who don't need to see that also it stops the cycle of reinforcing how those kids may act in the future to others.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I didn’t get the position I interviewed for and I called my old work place on a pontoon bridge and my old coworker told me first thing…go put an application but I am already up for both new tender positions which came open yesterday. But I don’t think I will wait for them. I am tired of my 18 year old not having money and asking me when the nursing home is opening up again. I think I will get dressed and take her to the city and we can both apply for weekend jobs.
DH is cleaning up right now and let’s just say he doesn’t do it like me.
It’s HDD’s 17th birthday today. It’s the 5th time I get to figure what we gonna do to celebrate with her.
Wow…spent the last 15 minutes doing stuff while DH huffed and puffed outside. Within the next week we should see some kind of overall improvement. It’s got to be hard living in atrial fib. But I found a counter top. Yay!! DH never exactly got over being teased by the kids on the bus because his dad trapped and fished so all along side of the house was smelly things and sometimes he thinks everyone hates him except maybe me. So like yesterday I told him the youngest found something for him and he was touched. It was a camouflage Bigfoot sticker (his nickname is Bigfoot). It made his day. Maybe we can do stuff like that until we get him out of atrial fib.
I have been feeding a combination of 3 weeds to the rabbits at DH’s farm but yesterday I noticed wild strawberries in the back of the house so I added that to the mix…just a little and put hay in all cages and added hay to the rabbits at my house. Oh and twice I saw a hen leave an area overhead where the sheet metal kinda forms a pool so I was suspicious and I told DD to climb the loft and turn around and look inside the area. She told me we have several dozen eggs up there. I was gonna wipe it out and cut the metal to not crimp like that but DH wants to keep them laying there. So maybe I need several golf balls or go to the craft store for wooden eggs.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
one way to buy yourself some peace is to tell people that you will not be screamed at again and hang up and block. if someone is doing it in person, i'd calmly ask them to stop and then if they don't walk away. tell them that you will not tolerate it any longer. put your own peace and needs at front, especially when you have so many others around who don't need to see that also it stops the cycle of reinforcing how those kids may act in the future to others.
^^ I agree 100%. It worked on my XDH. When he started yelling on the phone I said "goodbye" hung up, and turned my ringer off for an hour. He hasn't yelled on the phone (or in person) in years. Boundaries work!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
^^ I agree 100%. It worked on my XDH. When he started yelling on the phone I said "goodbye" hung up, and turned my ringer off for an hour. He hasn't yelled on the phone (or in person) in years. Boundaries work!

it's not easy and getting people to break out of habits can be tough too, especially if there are other things like addictions involved. and simply put, some people will not change or have mental issues that won't adapt. i'm not on this planet to be miserable or abused. i won't fight unless pushed to do it, and i'm capable of defending myself but in the end i really do prefer to just be out in the gardens and talking to people who want to solve problems and grow food and enjoy what they are doing. helping others too if they are willing to learn.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So yesterday was HDD’s birthday but we going to the city tonight because we have reservations at an Italian restaurant they all fell in love with. Me too actually. It’s great. And today is middle child’s birthday and she wanted garden plants so I bought her $10 worth, plus the old man threw in a few free ones. So Sis and I stopped by and wished her a happy birthday and gave her the plants and saw the children and came down the bayou. Dropped Sis off with her fruit trees and tended to my house. I discovered DH was already doing the chores and the 18 year old wanted me to pick her up from my ex because of loneliness so done. Now I got kids to start taking craft supplies out of front bedroom and put in truck to make room for them and I will take it to DH’s trailer and do my sewing and cutting there. I almost had that room ready for my bedroom when we moved to the old house. Had a weird dream involving some kind of military type fighting (plane was shot and damaged), then my dad was watching my 18 DD sleep except he passed 4 years ago and the ex asked him what he was doing and he tells the ex to sit with him and just watch. Then DS wants me to bring him a special RV which apparently was military grade stuff and tells me my dad wants him to make a cabin. So yeah….war stuff, dead people and log cabins. Creepy. But I did find my own dumpster dive fine. It hasn’t even been used.

Attachments

• 70E4E678-07D4-42CB-B33C-54BA4B539802.jpeg
    70E4E678-07D4-42CB-B33C-54BA4B539802.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 83

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess it’s time to cut out a gi. I hope it’s an easy pattern. Now I have all my junk in DH’s old bedroom. He wants me to organize the shelves in the pantry. Maybe that won’t take too long 🤷‍♀️
I just got a missed call and I tried to return the call but the guy hung up on me instead of just tell me it must’ve been a hacker or that it was a mistake so I added Rude Man Hang Up as a new contact and I texted him a random picture of the chimney top. Maybe if I am thinking about him later I will send him a picture of a cup of coffee or the inside of the church.
DS is in the field training and apparently this go round he can’t have his phone.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I gave up waiting for the nearest nursing home to call me. I will return to my previous facility in the city but only part-time. It’s great to know people who will take you on no matter what…and my daughter. So seeing as I have to start from scratch with all new work clothes I will just sew a bunch of scrub dresses. I figure it won’t take much more time than a top and just a little more fabric but much less than a pants and shirt. I bought a bolt of navy blue.
DH will be shocked into normal rhythm Monday morning….really early. We got his feet looked at by a podiatrist for diabetic foot care and now for some shoes to protect his feet. DD got an ingrown mail cut and it’s a good thing I am a nurse because the next morning I had to get creative with her when the pain showed up bad and I didn’t have anything really strong in the house. I managed to put a few things together in such a way to chase the demons out of her foot. Poor child.
Someone giving away potbelly pigs locally and DH is thinking of putting two females with our pig in a bigger pen.
Garden is all planted and our backs are stiff.
Puppy is having too many accidents inside. Gotta figure that one out.
So it’s St Joseph Alter today so yeah….spaghetti and cakes and such, followed by my grandchildren’s birthday party so fun, fun, fun…

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH is now in a normal rhythm and taking a nap and I am probably about to join him because we had to get up so early.
I dropped off DD and my application before coming home. DON asked if I can orientate Wednesday.
Just a little rest and I will spread some love around various farms.
I am in Facebook jail for the first time. Oh well 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I check y’all out on the different sections in a few hours. Tired.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I am getting old. I don’t know what I did to my right shoulder but it has been hurting since yesterday afternoon. I have a Lidoderm patch on and I have no intention of removing it. Took aspirin and muscle relaxer and still hurting. I guess I can predict the weather because it’s about to get serious here.
DH and his ‘imaginary friend’ are outside tending to things. IF just cut more on the fallen pine which I think went even lower so I guess they trying to protect the pig pen from the inevitable. I don’t think the pigs appreciate DH and IF being in their pen making all that racket.
DH feels better but last night he did claim it felt like his chest was burned.
Oh crap….a tiny potbelly pig is loose in the yard. But we gonna have a lot of cordwood really soon. I guess DH is concerned about the wind storm.
I got a feeling it’s not going to be a good day for drying. But if the plants aren’t laying down I guess they will appreciate the expected rain. You people expecting whatever is coming for me…stay safe.

Latest posts