Are you good at identifying trees?

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you are good at identifying trees, would you PLEASE help me? I can send pics and info.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fruit trees are about the only thing I can identify but I will give it a shot.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I always thought I was very good at identifying everything, until I started studying herbology. I'm still much better than my personal friends and family, but I now know what all I don't know, which is huge. How about you just download the pics here and we can all take a stab at it?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm good at IDing trees in this area (had a class on it in college), but can't say for sure if I can ID what you have since you're not in the same area, but I may be able to help. This is what I need you to do.

First off, look at how the branches are on the tree. They'll be in one of 3 branching patterns, alternate, opposite, or whorled. W/alternate, you'd have a branch, then a bit up, another branch-but on the other side of the stem. Opposite would look like a t. And whorled would be 3 or more branches at one spot.

Take a pic of the bark and the leaves, post those along w/the branching pattern and I'll see if I can help you. For the pic of the leaves, I NEED to see the shape of the leaves, as well as the edge. DON'T just shoot a pic of the leaves on the tree where it's almost impossible to tell one leaf from another.

Latest posts