Are you planting a fall garden?

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This fall I am growing brussels sprouts, overwintering cabbages, multiplier onions and garlic.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm doing a fall/winter garden this year, but mine's not going in until the end of September. It's still hot as blazes here.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have brocolli, collard, chard, and cabbage plants under lights and will be transplanted this week if the wind dies down. They are really leggy so don't know if much will come of them. Planted turnip greens but it was so hot they haven't come up yet. I am going to try to clear a place in the weeds for some mustard and lettuce if I can scrounge up some ambition. I am overcome by weeds.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We just planted potatoes and two tomato plants... Still need to plant elephant garlic.. and later this week maybe some carrots, lettuce, radishes, and beets..

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Guess I'm kinda late planting the "fall" garden this year. Just got some beets, beans and lettuce in. Will get the sweet potatoes planted soon. Dunno what else to put in yet, just got the raised garden as a Christmas present. To some folks it may just look like bricks and dirt (some assembly required, no batteries necessary), but give it a month or so and it should look a lot different.

LittleRoosterCroft

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I did get a few things planted in between exams and canning in the Fall! It was kind of late and didn't expect much. I managed to harvest a little bit of brocolli a few weeks ago. My kale is still going though with this below freezing weather it may have died...am not home in the light so have to wait til this weekend to find out! I was using the kale in bits for my featherheads and rabbits. Hopefully it isn't totally dead and I can cut the rest down for the "kids". Surprisingly on Monday I was out in the garden and found a whole bunch of parsley that had regrown so harvested that and a dinner's worth of sweet potatoes! Yumm! My cabbage was still going but very slow.... Hopefully better planning next year will yield a better fall/winter garden but since this was my first time trying it I am pretty happy! :p