Are You Ready To Make Due With Little Or No Gas.??

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Israel is threatening to trash Irans in high gear
" peaceful energy program ", yeah right.Are you ready to witness oil tankers in flames in the Persian Gulf and very expensive gas for your wheels, if any is availble at all...? As a interesting side note, Russia says don't you dare( western nations) mess with Irans power program.Hmmmm....this is not good, oil cut off from the middle east has many ill effects for us Americans. Like tractors needed to grow and harvest crops.Like your cars gas tank needing gas to get to work.Do you heat your home with fuel oil..? Kinda scarey, i just bought a boxwood wood fired cook stove today..!I have other plans in motion as well. What are you folks doing to prepare for severe gas/fuel shortages , coming sooner than anyone cares to think...?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have a big dog who is extra gassy. I think we should be fine. :p

Seriously...wood stove is available. I have a bike. And a phone. I can think of bigger things to worry about :hu

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope, not the least bit scary for us. For them, maybe yes it is scary. There is enough oil beneath North Dakota to make the entire middle east oil fields look like drops in the bucket. Same with the oil in the Anwar. All we are doing is buying up their oil (at exorbitant prices I will admit) but always remember, once it is gone it is gone for good. None of the folks in the middle east are thinking about growing their own oil producing plants, like sunflower, etc.
Most folks are NOT aware of exactly how much oil there is in THIS country but you can look it up for yourself. Use Baaken or Bakken (I don't remember) but it is in North Dakota. Then you won't feel so helpless about your wheels.
If that doesn't work buy a bicycle now while they are cheap!:lol:
PRIORITY:ROUTINE
Trim sends :old
//bt//

snozzleberry

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Don't worry so much. Luckily for you, most U.S. oil comes from Canada.

R2D2 said:
Israel is threatening to trash Irans in high gear
" peaceful energy program ", yeah right.Are you ready to witness oil tankers in flames in the Persian Gulf and very expensive gas for your wheels, if any is availble at all...? As a interesting side note, Russia says don't you dare( western nations) mess with Irans power program.Hmmmm....this is not good, oil cut off from the middle east has many ill effects for us Americans. Like tractors needed to grow and harvest crops.Like your cars gas tank needing gas to get to work.Do you heat your home with fuel oil..? Kinda scarey, i just bought a boxwood wood fired cook stove today..!I have other plans in motion as well. What are you folks doing to prepare for severe gas/fuel shortages , coming sooner than anyone cares to think...?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Truly I am not worried. It is what it is. What happens, will happen.
I remember a gas shortage line way back when. And a limit on amt. you could fill up. Gas on odd days and even days etc.

eh, we all survived. I am prepared best I can be for most disasters. Like I said above tho, it is what it is and I won't spend too much time worrying about it. I gotta live! :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Truly I am not worried. It is what it is. What happens, will happen.
I remember a gas shortage line way back when. And a limit on amt. you could fill up. Gas on odd days and even days etc.

eh, we all survived. I am prepared best I can be for most disasters. Like I said above tho, it is what it is and I won't spend too much time worrying about it. I gotta live! :)
Im not either.....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is the potential of them using this new threat to raise the gas prices yet again...

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For me, it just goes back to preparedness. You store enough gas for your generator for "x" days/weeks, or for your car to go "x" miles. You store enough food for "x" months in case there isn't gas to get the trucks to re-supply grocery stores. If you do those things, it won't matter as much if the price goes thru the roof or even if gas disappears completely for a period of time.

And as ICU said, there IS a lot of oil here. NBC News did a story a few nights ago about a town in NDAK that has thousands of job openings due to an oil boom there. :)

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
The only thing that worries me is the potential of them using this new threat to raise the gas prices yet again...
How high is the gas prices in US?

We pay about 14kr for one liter.

Think it's about 2,093 dollars.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neiklot said:
How high is the gas prices in US?

We pay about 14kr for one liter.

Think it's about 2,093 dollars.
It varies from place to place (even within the same town).

Down the road from me it is $3.39/gallon.