Are you.....

Natalie's Nesters

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am where I want to be. After 12 moves in 20 years, I'm done. We paid off the house, now we have to get the boys through college. My husbands company wanted us to move.....I said send home the paychecks! He got another job in this area. I love my area and home!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm content with a few things, and not so content about others. I assume that is normal :hu I'd like to have more land, more money, and more family, and be closer to the family that is here and more SS which more funds would cure that problem ;) but for the most part I'm content. I am happy whatever the circumstance really, and I believe that is where you find true happiness...ya know...bloom where you are planted type concept :hu There's always room for change no matter what the situation.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
..bloom where you are planted type concept :hu There's always room for change no matter what the situation.
Same for me! I am happy where I am, but I always want better. Not that I'm never satisfied, but I'd like to be closer to my family (DH has kids and it wouldn't be nice to expect him to move away) and I'd like more land. Oh yeah, and I'd like to be able to stay home and not work. Other than that, I'm happy with what I have. I feel lucky to have what I do!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No, not really. But life's full of compromises and I try to be happy, anyway! :D Most days I'm content with what I have, roll with the punches and love my kids.

Other days, I'm a professional worrier.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Without a doubt, I am where I am supposed to be at this time in my life. There are so many reasons why I say this, but the most important issue is that I am debt-free. I work and earn enough to support this farm and the long list of repairs it needed when I bought it. :weee

I have no family here so I put some of my time into the community in a variety of ways. I am happier than I have ever been and working on the self-sufficient life style in every way I can. Yes, there are a very few minor issues I would like to see improved, but the BIG stuff is under control. :ya

Felix Qui Nihil Debit

//-... -//
Trim sends.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After being a military wife for 20 years, moving, living in the "fast lane" we are finally in the place we are meant to be. Before we bought this farmette...I prayed about it. Told Our Father, I would be patient as He already knew our plans. TO have a place we can live, strive to be SS, and foster/rescue farm animals. We named our place before we even found it. Heavens Door Acres. When we found this farm, we KNEW it was to be our home. A little country church diagonal across the road, and another behind our woods. ( East and west) and the preacher living in the house to the S of the property. We bought into a "halo" To the N of our property is an open field and woods. When I am away from home too long, to visit family in Ohio, I miss my farm. I long to come home. Every day, as I walk up the drive from the barn, I say a little prayer......" Lord, thank you for allowing us to be the caretakers of this little piece of land, and thank YOU for all the guidance and help You give us" We struggle financially sometimes..but it just makes me try harder to be even more SS. So, Yes....we are where we are meant to be, and happy. :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
No, I'm not where I want to be, not even close! But, IMO, at least for me is, am I where God wants me to be?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yup, exactly where I want to be and see more great future for our family! :)