Arrrggghhh!! Venting...

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, my sweet, darling husband was doing the dishes, being a good husband and all, when I notice a jar missing from the counter... "Babe, where's the jar of kefir?" "....Jar?" Apparently, my husband thought the jar of newly acquired water kefir grains was just dirty water. Even tho I had pointed it out to him several times over the last few days...please tell me I'm not the only person this kind of thing happens to?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My son threw out "the bad milk" for me. It was, of course, a fresh batch of organic whole milk kefir I just made :p

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Were you able to rescue it Auntie?? OMG. :smack

And for throwing out the grains.. :smack

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
No. But Calvin did get a "what is kefir and why it is good for you" lecture. Max (my youngest) just thinks it is thin yogurt and uses,it all up :p

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Oh no!! Poor water kefir grains!

My DH once mowed over an entire strip of wildflowers, mostly cosmos, because he thought they were weeds. I was patiently waiting for htem to bloom, and they were almost to that point. One day I came home and saw they had been mowed over. I was so upset I started crying! When I brought DH out to that spot to show him, he said, "I only mowed weeds, like this" and then he grabbed a remaining stray cosmos plant and yanked it out of the ground. I swear, that was the closest I ever came to killing anyone. :rant Now he makes sure to ask what he can and cannot mow. :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My son made a big giant omelette out of my hatching duck eggs. :he

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here it used to be the mowing of the lilies every year. The last time he did it, I think I grew hair on my chest, fangs and claws..and was spitting in his face while I told him what I thought about it. I believe I did threaten physical violence if he did it again. I mean, 5 years in a row????

Guess that left a lasting impression, he hasn't mowed them this year...yet.

For those of you with jars of whatever on the counter, I found that a sticky note on the side helps...like 'hands off', 'touch this and you die', that kind of thing.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Here it used to be the mowing of the lilies every year. The last time he did it, I think I grew hair on my chest, fangs and claws..and was spitting in his face while I told him what I thought about it. I believe I did threaten physical violence if he did it again. I mean, 5 years in a row????

Guess that left a lasting impression, he hasn't mowed them this year...yet.
:lol: I love the description...fangs and claws! I hope he doesn't mow them this year!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my red swordtail fish had babies when I was younger.
I scooped them out into a glass to transfer into another aquarium, and yup, mom poured the glass down the sink and washed it.

oh well....not just alligator in the sewers ya know!

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hubby poured my water grains down the drain a few weeks ago,,tho in his defense,I was laid up with a bad knee and he was doing the dishes,,I didnt even say anything to him,as I didnt like the water kefir anyway and had been trying different ways to flavor it to get it down..