artifical sweetner warning!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can thank Donald Rumsfeld too, as he was the one that got it pushed t hrough after he rose to power.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read a copy of a psuedo-health magazine from Wal-mart that someone dropped off at work a couple years ago. Don't recall the title.

It had an article that "debunked" all the warnings about artificial sweeteners. And in the interest of covering everything, it listed xylitol and stevia as alternatives but warned that they were NOT FDA tested or approved.

Like we should be trusting the FDA to tell us what's safe.

That magazine was full of stuff that I'm afraid would suck most people in. But that article stood out as the worst.

Sigh ...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Some of you probably know the answer, sorry if this is a thread drift. When it comes to Coke and Diet Coke, I know Diet Coke is bad for people who suffer from depression but HOW BAD is regular Coke?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
High fructose corn syrup in regular sodas does a number on your liver, contributes to high triglycerides, lowers your immune system, etc...

I would rather have diet soda with equal than touch regular soda.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
High fructose corn syrup in regular sodas does a number on your liver, contributes to high triglycerides, lowers your immune system, etc...

I always thought Diet was worse, but you are saying REGULAR Coke is worse??

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Wifezilla said:

How about skipping both?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
PamsPride said:
Wifezilla said:

How about skipping both?
I don't drink any pop, coffee, or tea. My DH is addicted to Coke! Every time he goes to the gas station he gets one of those HUGE fountain drinks! That is at least three times a week. I think he is getting some from the machines at work also. I am not sure though because I do not see the empty cans. He knows I do not like him drinking it so continuing to tell him is beating a dead horse. He also drinks at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning.