ask the government for cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greensage45

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi,

Probably not the easiest post to jump in on; especially being my first post here.

I normally am found over at TheEasyGarden. I kept running into cross references to SufficientSelf. So here I am.

Here in NM there is also a program. It is State-run. I would half imagine this also falls under Medicaid such as FarmerChick has described.

I was a student, not long ago, and I was hit with a case of chest palpitations. Uninsured of course. So I went in under 24 hour observation and had tests; MRI and such. The bill was more than my worth as parts, so I signed up for the State assistance. Showed proof of income and was eligible for one year's worth of 'covered' medical. My visits never exceeded $25 at any given time or any procedure.

I then went to work with a full coverage plan. Now, :D, I am unemployed again and my yearly income last year was a whopping $2000. Do I worry? No, not at all. I have never been healthier by not having to deal with folks LOL.

Now, as for this 'up-and-coming', mandatory Government Health Care Plan, I will likely be fined for not having insurance. Go figure.

So, until the parameters change with me, by job, lottery, or socialized medicine, I guess I will continue to work towards inner health and inner healing.

Wishing everyone Health and Wellness for all.

Ron

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Greensage45 wrote
I then went to work with a full coverage plan. Now, , I am unemployed again and my yearly income last year was a whopping $2000. Do I worry? No, not at all. I have never been healthier by not having to deal with folks LOL.
Since I was layed off more than 3 years ago, I have gotten sick only once a year, in the winter, when I work at a tree lot. Otherwise I have never been healthier in all my life.
I am proof that being cooped up in an enclosed building with lots of other people (especially people who come to work sick), is detrimental to ones' health. I will try never to be in that kind of situation again.

I don't have insurance either, and my annual income is about the same as yours.

and :welcome Greensage45

Reaction score
I am anxious to see what they actually come up with. If they come up with a mandatory insurance requirement without options for cheap insurance it will be a disaster. Romney did that in Mass and it is a mess. If it is a requirement they need to have coverage available for less than 10% of your pay. They will never get that through private insurance companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.