Athletes Foot

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been fighting athletes foot for months. Tried all different kinds of store bought creams and sprays with various results, but it always returned. Then on a whim, I thought I would try hydrogen peroxide.

I squirted hydrogen peroxide on my feet in the bathtub. Man it stung, but cleared up the athletes foot with just one application. That was about 3 weeks ago. It is now starting to return, I wear rubber muck boots around the farm. So I'm not surprised I get athletes foot. But now I know how to get rid of it.

I also put a little hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle and misted the inside of my rubber boots well. That seemed to help with reoccurance also.

just thought I would share my findings and maybe help someone else.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Make sure to spritz the floor of your shower also. DH and I both had it bad for a while years ago. I started a cleaning campaign and scrubbed the shower every day for a week, washed our socks with bleach in the laundry, and put baking soda inserts into our shoes to make sure they were dried out between uses. Within a week, it was all gone and never came back.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Hubby is diabetic, constantly fighting athletes foot. We'll step up the tub care. He won't wear white socks, so the bleach is out. But, H2O2 just might help.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Hubby is diabetic, constantly fighting athletes foot. We'll step up the tub care. He won't wear white socks, so the bleach is out. But, H2O2 just might help.

I have black cotton and white cotton socks. After ensuing both of my feet we're wet (including the bottom and in-between my toes) with hydrogen peroxide. I didn't dry them but slipped my socks on and let them dry that way. I hope hydrogen peroxide helps him. Let us know the outcome.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Given the risk of diabetic complications, and other foot issues, I think I'll have him swab betw. toes of one foot with H2O2 moistened cotton ball, and see what that does.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom always pulls hers up and sticks it to the wall to drip and dry each day. I prefer non-slip stickers in my tub for hubby. The mats always trip me.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our tub is non skid surface, so no issues with a bath mat. Agreed, they can be a powerhouse of cruddies. We don't use a bath "carpet" outside tub either. Use a towel, then it goes into the wash.