Attention New England/East Coast

Mainergal

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been looking all over and I'm ordering today! I haven't been able to find a reasonable price for bulk wheat berries or other bulk dried goods because of the shipping to the East Coast/New England.

www.augasonfarms.com has a fixed rate for orders over $100 at $11.99!!!

Order now because that's not gonna last I bet.

Stock up!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The sour cream powder looked interesting, but the math doesn't add up for me. Too expensive.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Those are some of the best prices I've seen for shipping to the East coast. Shipping is included in the prices. I got my bags of wheat for about $22 for 50# and they charge $41 for the same thing. But still a great deal, especially if you can make a large order and get everything all at once.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sheesh... good prices?

Pinto beans are almost $40 for a 25# bag. I pay 13. and change at winco.

and for a pail of hard red wheat I paid $19... they want something rediciulous.. I fogot already... over $40. I won't be looking there anymore

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Those are decent prices for the East Coast.....and ridiculous prices at the same time. I was looking at about $90 per 50# with shipping when I stumbled across the informal co-op and got it for $22 per 50#....and she apologized for the price increase, as shipping had just gone up. They get a tractor-trailer load at a time so don't use USPS, UPS, etc.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Freemotion...where is the informal co-op...? I did a google search and came up empty.I see your located in Mass.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think those are excellent shipping rates to the east coast from Utah. The price of the wheat may seem high to some, but if you live in New England, thats just the way it is.We don't get the same good prices you folks get in the Bread Basket states..
Unless you belong to some local east coast co-op as Freemotion mentioned or can deal with a local farmer and are buying bulk.Thanks for the link Mainergal..

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
DuppyDo said:
Freemotion...where is the informal co-op...? I did a google search and came up empty.I see your located in Mass.
I pm'd you the contact info...

Mainergal, didn't I give it to you way back when? No?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So your telling me that a dollar a pound for wheat berries and for rolled oats is normal on the east coast?

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mackay..i don't know as a $1.00lb is normal for the east coast.I know that prices for hard wheat are much cheaper in the bread basket states where it is grown in abundance.As far as i know not much hard wheat is grown on the east coast.Soft wheat is grown in the southeast states, as it likes warmer weather.I can get soft red winter wheat for $20.00 per 50lb bag, but i'm looking for a good hard white wheat connection.I don't belong to a co-op locally, so their may be better prices locally i'm not aware of...To my knowledge the link Mainergal gave is a pretty good deal for hard white wheat with that low shipping rate...If you know of a better deal for eastern ny, i'm all ears...

Latest posts