Australia!

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm from Australia and having a great time on this forum, thought I'd better see if anyone else was from down this way :D.

I have loads of chooks, a few breeds and some x breds, the vegie garden, worm farm and am interested in learning more about self sufficiency.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the board!! :frow Living in Australia has always been one of my dreams. Perhaps I will be lucky enough to get to visit your beautiful country before they plant me.

Where are you located??

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am in a Regional Country town called Ballarat in Victoria, it's very cold at the moment here we do get the odd snow but not often. It's an old gold mining town population about 100,000.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your place and what you are doing. I have always wanted to visit Australia in January or February.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello! I knew a guy from Australia when I was little, he worked with my mom. He was from Melbourne. The first time I heard someone pronounce the "R" in the name I told them "there is no R in Melben" I was probably 8 at the time, though. :lol: Love the accents!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!!! Always wanted to go there and simply love the accent! :D Tell us everything you can about life there, if you would, as some of us would never have enough to travel there and experience it.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't think I have an accent, but I guess I do to you guys!;)

I love an American accent but boy we have learnt not to mix it up with a Canadian one :ep.

Are we allowed to attached links on here?

I know the worm farm has a web address and a photo on there otherwise I can take a picture of it, basically it's a 4 tiered container and the food scraps go in the top, the worms are on the next level and they produce all these nutrient rich worm castings and a worm tea for the garden.

I grew up in Melbourne we don't pronounce the R although Iv just had to say it about 5 times to work that out!

I am on nearly an acre only about 2.5 km (not sure what that is in miles) We have Cochin chickens a rooster and 3 girls, a Hamburg, 2 Barnevelders and about 7 Hylines.

I have a small but getting bigger vegie garden, 3 young children, a massive compost area, and I run my own Massage Clinic from home part time and we have a huge amount of water tanks as water is becoming a big issue in Australia.

I love fitness and all our groceries are brought via a cargo bike, basically I put my 3 year old in one side and the geroceries in the other. I try not to use the car that often. Lucky I love exercise!