Automatic dishwasher soap

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
TX Honky said:
Ok I know someone will make a face when they read this but it works. Ok I absolutly loath my dishwasher, It always always lets me down. Never fails, it'll do its thing and when I go and open the door to get dishes out I just shut the door and walk away because Im so mad. Still dirty, like glasses, dirtier then they were when I put them in there. We have hard water so I too have a greyish etching on my dishes. I told dh that one day he was gonna come in here and find bullet holes in it. btw it's only 2yo. I think mainly it's the water but its also due that dh baught the cheepest stainless steel one ever made. Ok heres the good part, my neighbor across the hwy has a kitchen that belongs in a magazine. no joke. very high dollar stuff and the stove, omg its nice! She has a bolch or bosh sorry for spelling something like that anyway her dishwasher cost a bunch! She said that she puts 1/4 measure scoop of CRL in with her dishes on the top rack, and her dishes come out perfect. I tried it and it works. 1/4 isnt enough to make us sick. However I quit using it because it's so exspensive. It's cheaper and faster for me to wash dishes by hand. Im good at anyway, been doin it sence I was 7. just thought I'd share that with ya'll.
We have the same problem with our dishwasher. I think our problem is our water pressure is not strong enough--it won't shoot up high enough to do the top rack. Also, we have to let the water run hot out of the tap before turining on the dishwasher.

that being said--we are going to rip out the dishwasher and convert it to much needed cupboard space. I have two dishwashers that are perfect for the job--ages 10 and 12 :D

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
that being said--we are going to rip out the dishwasher and convert it to much needed cupboard space. I have two dishwashers that are perfect for the job--ages 10 and 12 :D
My 9 year old dishwasher broke his first glass a couple of days ago... poor guy was so upset.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
miss_thenorth said:
My 9 year old dishwasher broke his first glass a couple of days ago... poor guy was so upset.
The first is always so traumatic :D good thing dishes are replaceable.