Avacados.... what to do with them

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
When I'm on a project I will often use guacamole as a sandwich spread instead of mayo.

myzanya

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It wasn't until I was in my 30's that I had my first taste of avacodoes...and I was like of my gosh what is that...
aggree it is amazing with bacon on sanwiches...
but for a quick easy fix
I scoop in a bowl...slice up a bit.so it is more bight size then I springly some garlic spice mix...pop in a spiced tuna. or what evers tasty around...and sprinkle over some tai chilli sauce...
soo good...
my son is an amazing cook...not only does he make the most amazing guackamoli...
but mixes hamburger pinapple and avacodoes cracker crumbs.. and teriaki saucea...for amazing burgers...

Rusticstuff

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Bacon is OK but I could happily live the rest of my life without it. Avocadoes, however, are a necessity.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like it cubed on top of my black venison chili... or mash it with a bit of ms. dash onion mix and put a line of it on a good rare steak.
as a topping for roast beef sandwiches.. beef and avocados go as good as bacon and avocado!

Rusticstuff

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I agree about the beef- I like to make a salad with leftover beef, avocado and tomato on a bed of greens with some olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper, too. Heaven!!

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My husband and I take a spoon and salt shaker and just eat them, burgers, tacos- virtually any Mexican dish can always be better with guac or just chopped avocados! However ours usually dont last long enough to be put on food!