Baby Pigs $200!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hu can't be show pigs if they're mixed bred.

we paid $50 a piglet for the same cross here last February (and sold them for $60 by the end of the month!)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i woudl NOT pay that kind of money for a butcher pig...

if you looking for something to show 4h pedigree ect and rare breeds for breeding your own lines then sure pay a couple hundered or more, but for something thats being raised for the freezer (and generally mixed breeds) someones tyring to take advantage...
ive seen whole butcher hogs delivered to the slaughter house and cut to your specs for that kind of money plus processing cost...and im in connecticut...land of the expensive lol.

id keep looking,
the add sounds more like someone with a couple of "pet" meaties looking to make a cash crop off their babies...
you could get papered purebreds for that kind of money.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree. Around here I've seen them as cheap as $15. Typically going for around $35 for little ones.

I also saw an ad on CL for Auracana eggs for Easter, saying they were "special" and so $10 a dozen for eating eggs, while the regular eggs were a buck-fifty.

I guess people will charge what they think they can get. Maybe these are cousins to those dog-goats we saw a while back. ;)

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sometimes I see pigs and goats listed for $50 on craigs,but most often it is $100 or more.

I would have thought at ROGERS they would be cheap. I always wanted to stop by there on a Friday,but maybe it isn't worth the drive.