BACOG - Lessons learned in the the $35/week food challenge

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
luvinlife offthegrid said:
Wannabefree said:
The key ingredient is cumin. I make big batches of it, and use 1 teaspoon per pound of meat. It's basically salt, onion powder or flakes, garlic powder, cumin, dried cilantro, and paprika to taste. I'd give you my recipe, but for one person it would last a few years :lol:
Sounds like my grandpa's recipe for hard cider. "59 bushels of apples..." :D
:lol: Yeah I make it for three households at a time, and a quart or so for each household. The neighbors and my brother love it and eat LOTSA tacos! ;)

I'd LOVE that cider recipe! I like HUGE recipes that last forever because we have to make so much of our own stuff because of our allergies.

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I wish I could be as good as Wannabefree and break down the cost of each meal but essentially what I did was buy groceries and told my self I would not eat over that amount. Last night was my niece's birthday dinner so I ate over at my mom's house for that (this is my adopted family).

Today I had the joy of eating my own cooking. Which for a change wasn't too bad. I started with some home made sausage/pepper sourdough bread for supper. I thought it would be good with some eggs and it was. I used a regular sourdough recipe and before I put it in the pan I rolled it out and cooked up some sausage & hot peppers. Rolled it up in the dough and it came out really good.

Breakfast was sourdough muffins from the same batch with thick cut bologna.

Don't know what my total cost is but I am well below the $5.00 mark for the day.

IMAG0027.jpg